PDA

View Full Version : Took the Outlaw to the track today...

rr outlaw
01-06-2008, 07:33 PM
And decided that it needs some more low end power. Actually, a lot more lowend power. I am thinking a pipe and /or a big bore kit. Will it be enough with the pipe itself? I want the extra low end power to really sky it off jumps. Her are some pics from when I got back home. I will have to take some when I am there next time.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o105/RRR250/Picture010.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o105/RRR250/Picture012.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o105/RRR250/Picture013.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o105/RRR250/Picture009.jpg

TRENT_G
01-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Hello, I have a 08 525 and I just put a fmf, Pro Design K&N and a JD jetting kit this really woke the bike up. Do a search on Jetting and you will see everyones set up and results. Good luck...

Evasiveone
01-07-2008, 10:31 AM
His Outlaw is a 500 Outlaw with the Fuji engine so the JD kit will not work for him. Many people really like the HMF slip on for the Fuji engine and it is said to really help with the low end, along with a Pro Design filter. The stock exhaust and intake are really restrictive.

TRENT_G
01-07-2008, 10:45 AM
"His Outlaw is a 500 Outlaw with the Fuji engine so the JD kit will not work for him."

Oops, my bad

willb
01-07-2008, 05:20 PM
The 500 Fujis are really jetted low and restricted. I would do a K&N type filter with outerwear or an EHS lid. Re Jet and a muffler. Also drop I tooth down on the front sprocket.

The next big gain is through a cam change. I dont know if web makes one for the 500 outlaw. Other than that the engine is pretty bullet proof.

My scrammy has a 172 main jet for a example

rr outlaw
01-07-2008, 07:23 PM
I will do the HMF, air filter along with getting rid of the stock restrictive intake hose piece and see if that is enough for me. If not, I will probably go big bore (560 w/ 100 octane)

steve123
01-08-2008, 10:43 PM
My 06 outlaw 500 when it was a 500, jumped good in 2,3,4 gear. I've modded it to a 520cc now, and other mods both engine and suspension. Now it's not as nimble as my 450mxr but pulls hard and will climb hills better, not much of a track bike. More like a great rough trail platform/gncc. However on the track 450mxr rules. Try Aean Performance intake, and Hmf full system Billance, and you can dynajet the carb maybe powernow , you can always go to 13 tooth, instead of stock 14 tooth. good luck on your mods!

balistic9
01-19-2008, 07:16 AM
HEY GUYS,
I HAD A QUESTION ABOUT THE 525 POLARIS OUTLAW:

Is this a good quad for someone that weighs 225lb... but I'm only 5'8... I use to compete but now I'm just keeping a stedy weight!
Also, "rr Outlaw" is that a good bike/atv al-a-round?

I saw one in person and loved it, loved the way it felt and the concept of irs..
Thanks guys!

Just wanted to know what is good buy!

Sincerely B

bossman525
01-19-2008, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by balistic9
HEY GUYS,
I HAD A QUESTION ABOUT THE 525 POLARIS OUTLAW:

Is this a good quad for someone that weighs 225lb... but I'm only 5'8... I use to compete but now I'm just keeping a stedy weight!
Also, "rr Outlaw" is that a good bike/atv al-a-round?

I saw one in person and loved it, loved the way it felt and the concept of irs..
Thanks guys!

Just wanted to know what is good buy!

Sincerely B
i am 6'3 and weigh anywere from 215 to 220. the suspension on the 525 from the factory is set up rather well for somebody at that weight, offers a nice smooth ride. now my buddy will hop on my quad and he says it rides real harsh and rough, but he weighs around 140 or 150lbs. personally, i am happy with the stock suspension, i don't ride as hard as i used to, but it is still at a pretty fast pace. you won't go wrong with a 525 outlaw. just my .02

balistic9
01-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Thanks Bossman,

I agree with the suspension... For the brief moment I sat on the outlaw it felt good(for my weight).

Also, how do you like the perfomance on the 525 w/ ur size? You/or anyone else think about new 700xx in comparison? Is the Polaris a safe buy?

Frankly, I'm looking for a nice quad that stands out from the rest/ good power/ Looks and a fun ride... Mst/important Reputation!
-400ex not enough to stop my curiosity
-450r too much
-525KTM...$$$ maybe too much go! want some slow! lol
Well, you get my point!
I was told Rotex engine is to die for... Independent is my different, and Polaris is American/Can.
Sums up me!!! I'm very interested... just thought I weight for Hondas xx to see what the hype is all about...
Please feel free to say ur thoughts!
Thats why I came to this thread

P.S. rr outlaw didn't mean to change directions! It acually started with your concerns w/ power from ur 500 Best of luck