PDA

View Full Version : My coil. qs.

beobe99
01-06-2008, 04:50 PM
99.9% positive the wiring is correct now thanks to aceman.
But its still not firing.

I have a test light (thought I got ripped off untill i realized it takes a battery hehe!! :blah:

I would of thought I would need to press it to a wire then kick the bike over but the light lite right away on the black/red wire from stator, after the CDI, and at the wires plugging into my coil..

Now after the coil.. (putting the needle into the sparkplug cap) it DID NOT light.

Do I need a new coil?

Did what i check with this cheapo thing prove nothing?

any help would be highly appreciated..

Thanks,

Bob

800screws
01-06-2008, 06:04 PM
check out the sticky on testing your electrical system...it's dead on. i had to use it on mine. u need an ohm meter. if it's wired right, which isn't too difficult, check each componet like the directions say...

regg187
01-06-2008, 06:34 PM
When you were kicking it over checking the spark, was the spark plug still in the head, if it was take it out so you can kick it over faster. it takes a good amount of RPM to get the ign to work. holding the meter and trying to kick hard enough is difficult.

beobe99
01-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Yeah I figured I would have to go get another OHM meter.

-Did the test light i have tell me anything with the fact that it lite up on all connections except the spark plug cap end of the coil?

-How did it light up without me kicking it over?

(its one of those ice pick looking test lights that has the point, the ground clip, and a AA battary)

Thanks guys

bump