PDA

View Full Version : Paint IMS Tank??

tys88r
01-06-2008, 10:31 AM
I have brand new Red plastics and i have my IMS Red tank that has a more light red (faded look) . Should i paint it to get the color to match? Has anyone done this? Or is there any way to bright' n up the color? I read the torch method.... I dont think so!!

xrdrsux
01-06-2008, 11:04 AM
paint it.

hondarider101
01-06-2008, 02:00 PM
paint it, and post some pictures before and after.

Robin Hood
01-06-2008, 02:10 PM
I'd get a few more opinions on this one.. Somethin makes me think that the paint will chip/flake quickly due to the gas fumes and such.

qr4life
01-06-2008, 03:05 PM
i don't want to screw up ur new plastics but i agree, if you just paint it will chip. what i would do is sand it with some finer grit sand paper prime and then paint it. but you prob wont get the same gloss as the new plastics. you'll prob need a laqor or clear coat

xrdrsux
01-06-2008, 04:59 PM
i dont understand where ppl get the "it will chip" method from ... its like you are calling all these ppl liars that design this stuff that makes it not chip and crack. I thought we went through this on another topic that happened to get locked and deleted. If the plastics are primed right IT WILL NOT CRACK OR CHIP. If you hit a tree there is a chance that your plastics could get boken but same goes for your arm neck or back.. That is a chance we take everytime we ride. What would make you guys have a change of heart or plastics chipping of cracking. There is videos on the web site that was posted up of the primer that needs to be used. You can pressure wash with a striping tip until it burns a hole in the plastic.. or did you watch the video of the bumper that got hit with the sledge hammer and the side that dont have the primer cracked and the side that did have it didnt crack... better yet i challenge each one of you that disagree on this to go to your local chevy or ford or lexus or whatever dealership and i would be willing to bet that a quart of bumper cladding or black cat is in their paint booth or prepping area. Better yet you can right ed hubbs. Ed sets up displays at the SEMA shows and all that good stuff.. this guy is no shade tree painter.. He has a reputation like no other.. google his name and write him an email asking a "professional" about it.. he was painting while some of you were still ****ting green.

xrdrsux
01-06-2008, 05:36 PM
im curious about the questions asked above.

Pappy
01-06-2008, 05:43 PM
Last time I will worry with either of you posting more of your banter. Enjoy the site the way we run it, or you will be removed.

And we do not allow businesses to advertise for free on OUR dime, wether they be a competing business to our sponsors or not. Free advertising isn't free seeing how WE have to pay for this site to be up and active.

Thats the only answers you need to concern yourself with. If your here to only advertise (which is 99% of your posts here so far) you will not last long.....and I do remeber who both of you are, would you care to see who will win this arguement again? Or do I have 2 new folks promoting this same service all over again?

Dont answer...read above.