PDA

View Full Version : Cracked rib?

Shift_450R
01-06-2008, 02:16 AM
I was playing hockey today (I'm a goalie) and i took a slap shot to the ribs. Its swollen and its killin me. It hurts to breathe,cough,laugh or even change positions while sitting. Has any of you broke or cracked a rib? Does it sound like i have that? Whats a quick way of hurrying up the healing processes i want this to end quick because its killing me.

mic 902
01-06-2008, 06:58 AM
It could be. But any sort of bruising/swelling in that area is painful. If it is only cracked, and you know for sure it isnt broken, wrap it with a bandage. If it is broken dont, the doc. told me wrapping a broken rib can push it in to your lung and cause all sorts of trouble.

Leave it for a day or 2 and if the swelling is still there go to a doctor.

Most importantly, let it heal. If you dont it will come back to haunt you. I had a rib that just randomly fell out of its place in my rib-cage every now and then, that went on for about 2 months. Rib injuries suck. :(

01-06-2008, 09:28 AM
rest and drink alot of milk(it helps build strong bones!) ;)

trxwannbe
01-06-2008, 03:32 PM
sounds to me like its bruised. i managed to dismount over the bars one time and the way i landed the beginning of a berm is right where the left side of my rib cage hit and i bruised 3 it hurts like hell and i would describe it just like you did

Nausty
01-06-2008, 03:59 PM
yea that happened to me! 5th gear crash and I was hurting for well over a week! Definitely sounds like one, i don't think the hospital can do n e thing. I'd tough it out!

trx400EXtreme
01-06-2008, 05:08 PM
ive broken ribs before.:ermm: it's no fun. i broke 2 about 4 or 5 years ago when i wrecked my old 300ex. it hurt to even pull the clutch.... then i made it worse by riding another couple hours that day.

79400ex
01-06-2008, 05:20 PM
I cracked one where it attech(sp) to the sterm. I hurt for weeks. I did't miss one day of work or race.