PDA

View Full Version : Police Buy Motorcycles to Aid in Patrols of Off-Road Areas

Crowdog
11-12-2002, 05:01 PM
Police Buy Motorcycles to Aid in Patrols of Off-Road Areas

ST. GEORGE -- Police are cracking down on riders who have been ignoring an ordinance for off-road vehicles.
Police spokesman Craig Harding says an increase in complaints spurred the City Council to purchase two off-road motorcycles to help officers enforce the law.
He says most offenders are juveniles who illegally ride vehicles within 600 feet of a residence. The machines cause undue noise and dust.
"One day recently [police] received 34 complaints," Harding said.
The motorcycles, which cost more than $6,000 each, will be used to patrol mostly in the afternoons after school and on weekends.

http://www.sltrib.com/2002/nov/11052002/utah/13561.htm

NTPRacing#19
11-12-2002, 05:46 PM
***********your disrespectful & profane comments were removed. Next time YOU will be removed**********

TC17
11-12-2002, 05:51 PM
my teacher says cops are on our side and they will do us good. well what's up with this? in my world, they are my enemies. if i seen one i run. they are like the agents in the Matrix.:devil

CHAUNCY
11-12-2002, 06:23 PM
the city hired cops near my place to stop people on quads and dirtbikes from riding. Well they got like xr600's and stuff so one guy was patrolling and he fell on this little hill going sown. Ive been down it plenty of times on my old xr80 even my fourtrax 70. Well he fell when he was on his xr650( the cop ) and broke his arm and some ribs. Well they brought 2 helicopters in and airlifted him out when there was a dirt road that a ambulence could get through with ease. Then they put an article in the paper and said he broke the bones i told you and that they couldnt fit a car in the place so they had to bring in 2 copter to lift him out. Now they dont patrol their. LOL

jay's 300
11-12-2002, 06:42 PM
They shouldn't have put how much they paid for those bikes in the paper, b/c when they still can't stop us, them, whoever, the people would not know they were cheated out of $12K! LOL! :devil

11-12-2002, 06:43 PM
will be used to patrol mostly in the afternoons after school and on weekends.

ok, then ill just ride in the morning and wont go to school :devil

Twiztid
11-12-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by EXracer8601
will be used to patrol mostly in the afternoons after school and on weekends.

ok, then ill just ride in the morning and wont go to school :devil

for real, thats what i'll do.

mam, most of us here have been riding for along time, like me ive been riding for 7 years, now a cop thats never ridin before, ok do they really think they are gonna catch us? rotflmfao, i f****in doubt it, man the pigs f****in suck! I hate em!

4punksdad
11-12-2002, 07:15 PM
twiztid............did you not see where I edited one comment above & posted a warning? YOU are now under my watchful eye also. Merry Christmas.