PDA

View Full Version : Might be getting into racing?

JOYRIDE
01-05-2008, 09:09 PM
I have a YFZ pretty much stock, all it has is nerf bars and a K&N filter. I want to know what aftermarket parts are really a must for racing if u r on a buget. My cousin is going to get into racing and he just bought a Honda 450r with like everything done to it. +3 a-arms, elka shocks all around, +4 axle, piped, filter, steering stem, and bars and theres prabably other stuff i just cant think of right now(looks tight by the way). Anyway if u r on a buget what aftermarket partswould u recommend?

yfzrider310
01-05-2008, 10:29 PM
a new exhaust and wheel spacers for the rear and if you can afford it buy some longer standard travel front end. If your wider it gives you such an advantage and you definatly need the power of a pipe

brainwashed
01-05-2008, 11:49 PM
Do the 'cam mod' where you retard the the exhaust cam one tooth, and get a JD Jet kit with a pipe. Good jetting and the cam mod with pipe are the best money spent imo.

After that widen the quad with a-arms int eh front, and widen the rear if money allows.

JOYRIDE
01-06-2008, 09:22 AM
Would u recommend buying used a-arms, suspension, and a axle cause it looks like they are a lot cheaper used.

yfzrider45
01-06-2008, 09:43 AM
Dont get wheel spacers or anything stupid like that.....I would suggest buyin axel new, but the a-arms n suspension used

TWISTED DINLI
01-06-2008, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by yfzrider45
Dont get wheel spacers or anything stupid like that.....I would suggest buyin axel new

yea dont put wheel spacers on it. you will break the axle easily