PDA

View Full Version : Need rims....

bloodmoney23
01-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Whats up again guys, heres my dillema again. I need new rear rims and dont have the 500 to buy Hipers and i refuse to buy cheap a** ITP's again. My right rear rim after 4 rides is bent enough that it will eat my axle bearings after 1 race. Anyone got anything decent that aint bent or nothing for sale? Other than stock.

450R_lover
01-06-2008, 09:04 AM
Just for your information, I would make sure that you get beadlocks or a reinforced rim for the rear. I've got douglas .190's and they dont hold up very well either. I have bent them around the bead before to where they were leaking. Good thing is, you just take a big hammer and bend it back. JMO;)

300ex_#387
01-06-2008, 09:25 AM
To be honest other than beadlocks, reinforced rims, and rolled edge rims the stock rims are stronger than any other aluminum rim.

450R_lover
01-06-2008, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
To be honest other than beadlocks, reinforced rims, and rolled edge rims the stock rims are stronger than any other aluminum rim.

I Agree :macho

bloodmoney23
01-06-2008, 11:31 AM
well....the only reason i got new rims is cause my stock ones bent.

Dave400ex
01-06-2008, 01:08 PM
You could get Douglas conventional beadlock rears with a rolled lip front.

d3ktrix
01-06-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
You could get Douglas conventional beadlock rears with a rolled lip front.

Was just about to recommend these, mine have treated me good so far for MX.
And they take a beating landing sideways sometimes, smacking rocks in burms on the crappy PA tracks and all.

I have a set of ITP Baja's on another set of tires, bent 1 rim the first ride out, there just crap all around.
IMO ITP just aren't quality wheels.

I like douglas and stock wheels.

Sjorge450R
01-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by d3ktrix
Was just about to recommend these, mine have treated me good so far for MX.
And they take a beating landing sideways sometimes, smacking rocks in burms on the crappy PA tracks and all.

I have a set of ITP Baja's on another set of tires, bent 1 rim the first ride out, there just crap all around.
IMO ITP just aren't quality wheels.

I like douglas and stock wheels.

i disagree greatly with your experience on baja wheels.

I too race PA XC and i am a A class level racer which tells you a push my equiptment as hard as possible. 2 seasons. Thats right. 2 seasons on one set of ITP baja wheels and they are finally shot. I will be buying another set before the season starts again thats how pleased i was with them

bloodmoney23
01-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Well right now due to lack of funds....I am leaning towards the ITP Baja's or Douglas Conventional Beadlock. I might go with the ITP's just because they are cheaper and when i get a good job I can move up to the Hiper's I want. Has anyone seen the Baja's cheaper than $203.00 for both rears new with free shipping? Or is that about the best ill be able to get? And running 8x8s will that lower my chance at bending or should I just run the 10x8's

Sjorge450R
01-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by bloodmoney23
Well right now due to lack of funds....I am leaning towards the ITP Baja's or Douglas Conventional Beadlock. I might go with the ITP's just because they are cheaper and when i get a good job I can move up to the Hiper's I want. Has anyone seen the Baja's cheaper than $203.00 for both rears new with free shipping? Or is that about the best ill be able to get? And running 8x8s will that lower my chance at bending or should I just run the 10x8's

I PM'd you.

pro-rider46
01-06-2008, 09:15 PM
i know that this a dumb question,but is stock rims 9x9

440challenger
01-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Baja's are junk. I bent one the first time out . I still run the stockers out back until i get hipers or douglas shamrocks

400exrider707
01-07-2008, 05:34 AM
You can get a used set of hipers on here, or even a brand new set for only a little more than what you're going to pay for those bajas.

Find a seller on ebay who sells hipers. Email them and ask them how much they really are, then you will get sent prices that are significantly lower than the ebay prices. Try it, you'd be surprised.

smithn1683
01-07-2008, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
You can get a used set of hipers on here, or even a brand new set for only a little more than what you're going to pay for those bajas.

Find a seller on ebay who sells hipers. Email them and ask them how much they really are, then you will get sent prices that are significantly lower than the ebay prices. Try it, you'd be surprised.

Clean out your PMs

Why would an ebay retailer give away his prices? What do they actully cost reseller? assuming you have already done this.

Sjorge450R
01-07-2008, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by smithn1683
Clean out your PMs

Why would an ebay retailer give away his prices? What do they actully cost reseller? assuming you have already done this.

there is a "low" price that they are aloud to display legally because of their contract. The prices are very reasonable as well, i just dont ahve problems with broken beads or bent wheels so i am not going to get hipers yet.

Sjorge450R
01-07-2008, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
i know that this a dumb question,but is stock rims 9x9

I think that they are 9x8 or for some reason,9x8.5 is popping in my head.

400exrider707
01-07-2008, 09:06 AM
Clean out your PMs

PM's cleaned.

Ebay sellers are only allowed to show a "selling price" but they can sell them lower than what they advertise. They can not legally put that ultra low price in advertisements. Contract through hiper. I have emailed and got prices, they're pretty low. I've seen used hipers sell for more on here.

smithn1683
01-07-2008, 09:41 AM
So what you are getting at is hiper makes retailers purposely mark up there rims by a large margin. but if you are smart about it you can purchase them cheap with an inside deal.

400exrider707
01-07-2008, 11:10 AM
So what you are getting at is hiper makes retailers purposely mark up there rims by a large margin. but if you are smart about it you can purchase them cheap with an inside deal.

Hiper doesn't make them mark their prices up. Hiper only allows them to advertise a specified price, which is lower than advertised on hipers website still, but they can sell below that even. A lot of companies do this, and some companies will not let retailers even post their prices in magazines. Pick up a rockymountain catalog or motosport outlet catalog. I know for a fact I was looking through motosport and saw I think LSR and durablue hubs, states right in the ad, *LSR requires us to show retail price only, call for pricing*

Dave400ex
01-07-2008, 02:02 PM
You can get a full set of Hipers from Ebay for $660 shipped, dual beadlock rear, single front.