PDA

View Full Version : Seat latch assembly

mbx5
01-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Does anyone have a pic, pdf, jpg, or any information on assembling the 400ex seat latch? I rebuilt my 400ex - took a year - slow process - had surgery that set me back many months....anyway I had the old latch taken apart and cannot remember how it goes back together... I got a new seat, and have a pile of pieces w/ no idea how to fix :D

drew416ex
01-05-2008, 03:21 PM
Go to yamahaoftroy.com to the oem parts finder. It will have an exploded view of the parts. maybe it will help. By the way, are you into R/C cars? Just wondering because of your screen name.

mbx5
01-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the info! Ill check it out.

Heh - yes actually - never thought anyone would catch that....I started with the MBX4 buggies, then upgraded to the MBX5, then got the "Truggy" conversion...built it up, then sold it all to help fund our kitchen remodel... :ermm: Also the track I raced at closed. :mad: Some day I will get the bug again and get back into it! Im itching to get the new RC8 from Associated.

drew416ex
01-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Yeah, i had a ofna hyper 7 with a rex 421B (if you arnt familliar its close to a O.S. V-spec), a jato, nitro rustler, revo, and a e-maxx. Sold them all and kept the revo and put the 421B in it and bought a revo roller on ebay and converted it to brushless. Now i just have those and my 440ex stroker :D

mbx5
01-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Very cool... Yea I am familiar w/ that I had the Rex / Novarossi P5 but scattered it in a runaway - man just talking about the RC stuff makes me want to get into it again but now that I am married and doing home improvements, I am limited to 1 hobby :grr: .
I really miss racing - I actually got to the point of placing in a few A-mains when some of the faster dudes broke or crashed... One of the biggest problems was the time it took during the week to tare dow, rebuild, relube, etc...the wife wasnt into that much :D

By far my favorite engine was the OS VZB w/ boost bottle - (pre vspec) - it came w/ one of my MBX4's and it ripped!

I had a T-Maxx for a while but sold it and got the Losi LST - but it had too many mechanical issues... I bet the e-revo ripped!

drew416ex
01-05-2008, 05:26 PM
I have the two badest revos around where I live. They are sweet. Im running a 4 cell lipo on it so i have to be easy until i get going or it will flip backwards. I can get a wheelie when it hits second if i have traction.