PDA

View Full Version : How many kicks does it take to start a banshee ?

660r2a400ex
01-05-2008, 07:45 AM
lol, how many kicks should a banshee start on, if its above 60 it normally starts within 3, if colder 5-15 depending on scenario. i have two there both about the same

vrand
01-05-2008, 08:52 AM
My 2000 start's on first kick, when cold mabey 3-4. Sound's that mabey you need to re-jet according to pipe.

660r2a400ex
01-05-2008, 09:17 AM
very possible, i live in va and one bike was shipped from cali, the other coming from ohio so i'm sure jetting is an issue, bikes will start 1st kick on a nice day though

660r2a400ex
01-05-2008, 09:24 AM
also on my 04 clutch feels crappy like coming off the top if you adjust it and keep 1/2 inche play in it it feels good as far a power wise but nothing like my 06, my buddies 04 is the same way, is this cable wear or clutch wear, bikes still have all their power just hard on your hand s and arms, wears us out quick

vrand
01-07-2008, 04:40 PM
yea sounds like clutch to me. Can,t ride clutch like 4 popper, to many spins on basket. Hey man any time I can help, or if you need parts e-mail me taylormadeimpv@aol.com

Dinner
01-07-2008, 07:42 PM
If you would like your banshee to start within a few kicks when cold. Take out your Pilot jet in each carb and bump it up a size or two depending on the temperature. Stock Pilot is 25 I believe, which is good for warm weather. Once It gets colder however since the cold air has more density, you need more fuel to run through the pilot jet for start up.

660r2a400ex
01-08-2008, 07:00 AM
deffinately, thanks for the help, i will be looking for some tr-6 pipes and silceners as soon as i get some green stuff, i here those are the best pipes

TWILES
01-08-2008, 10:15 PM
My '99 always started on the first or second(if it was cold). I'd pull the choke and hit the gas twice.

bloodmoney23
01-09-2008, 11:45 AM
hey 660, the clutch in mine should be like brand new. From sitting the cable might be a little jacked up, heres what i would do if i was you and its cheap. go to motionpro.com and pick up the tors eliminator kit. its like 50-60 dollars. That will def release 90% of the pain in the *** to use throttle. and with the clutch I would pick up a new cable. The bike was in no way ridden enough for the clutch to even have more than 5% wear. Check the spring at the clutch linkage on motor. Try to find a spring that doesnt have as much pressure. I gaurentee that spring is just too tight.

Dinner
01-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Are you talking about Toomey 6 Pipes and Silencers?

If you plan on keeping your bike mostly stock (so basically having mods done to the air filter and reeds) then the T6's are a good choice for you. However if you plan on building the bike up pretty quick, getting it ported, which then you'll need carbs, and blah blah blah. Then I recommend looking into a different style pipe. The T6's are known to be great for more slightly, no mods at all bikes...but not ported bikes.

660r2a400ex
01-10-2008, 02:18 PM
mods planned, cool heed, toomy t6 or t5's, vforce 3 reeds, filter jets. nothing out ragous

bloodmoney23
01-10-2008, 11:19 PM
be careful with the cool heads....ive heard alot of bad stories....some good but alot of bad. Maybe just get the domes milled on the stock cylinder head.

Dinner
01-12-2008, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by bloodmoney23
be careful with the cool heads....ive heard alot of bad stories....some good but alot of bad. Maybe just get the domes milled on the stock cylinder head.

I would like to know what bad stories you have heard about Cool Heads? Not trying to be a prick..just curious.

And for pipe selection...me personally would go with T5's...they respond better to mods:)

bloodmoney23
01-12-2008, 12:46 PM
almost everyone i know that has or had cool heads, the water jackets in the head itself crack through to either the outside and poor rad fluid all over outside which isnt too bad of damage but i had a couple buddies that the jackets cracked on inside and poored rad fluid into the engine and caused huge problems. ie. pistons shattering, cylinder walls cracking, and badly damaged cranks from the piston shattering. the shop my one buddy took his too said that was the cause. this happened to 3 different people i know. so that alone is enough for me to say they are garbage.

660r2a400ex
01-12-2008, 01:31 PM
i've heard the same thing, but i have also heard of nice hp gains ! i guess sopme have gl and some have bad luck, but yea i'll prolly just get my stock head worked

bansheerider98
01-15-2008, 08:58 AM
i could imagine how the cool heads could do so much damage, but arent you going to be doing more damage in the process of getting the cool head itself to crack? ( however the **** you crack it)

bloodmoney23
01-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by bansheerider98
i could imagine how the cool heads could do so much damage, but arent you going to be doing more damage in the process of getting the cool head itself to crack? ( however the **** you crack it)

Well if you take a poor machined item and run extremely hot fluid through it and alot of heat from combustion.....my friend im guessing that would be how they cracked. If you ever look at one the walls between the water jacket and the dome and such...are not really that thick.

bansheerider98
01-15-2008, 08:22 PM
true, but if they heat up at equal rate across the surface, they should be fine, and i have looked at the walls, they arent very very thick, but if you had both sides heat up VERY fast i suppose they could crack, but normally an engine heats up at a fairly equal rate side to side and not VERY fast, one combution of the piston will not raise the whole blocks temp to the temp. of the combustion