PDA

View Full Version : exhaust question about conversions

hontrx265r
01-05-2008, 02:58 AM
I've done a ton of exhaust conversions for hybrids, Both from a yzf and a yfz. The yfz is obviously the closest but when companies started following the sweep upward at the rear like sparks newer exhaust for instance it got to be more work. I have been wanting to try a 450r exhaust on my yzf hybrid. Anyone converted one? dasa in particular is what I'm wanting to try . yes a honda exhaust on a yzf motor. the holes at the header are only about 3mm off which can easily be fixed and the bend is much closer being that it is a honda style frame. i know people have used 450r exhausts for crf's, how involved was that? Just bolt on or welding and cutting involved. Any input would be great just looking for some idea's I've been updating my hybrid alot this year and it's turning out awesome pics to come soon. I think its better then new. production or otherwise.

duneflyer1
01-09-2008, 03:09 PM
I just bolted a dasa 450r full exhaust right up to my crf hybrid, no mods whatsoever. I have a houser 250rgeo. frame. The head pipe touchs the frame under the seat, but it fits perfectly, and have had it on the bike for over a year now without a problem.