PDA

View Full Version : mp offroad

waloud
11-12-2002, 03:56 PM
Does anyone know what the rules and cost is here. I tried callling today and got no answer. Thinking about going there this weekend.

raptorman01
11-12-2002, 07:32 PM
cost is $15 and from louisville take I-64 east to next exit past winchester (cant remember exit number) but it is mountain parkway and theres only one way to go, then go to i think exit 12 Clay City (maybe not 12) but clay city exit. turn left at bottom of ramp, come to first stop light go left again and go approx. 3 miles and youll see a sign on left side of road that says mt. parkway dragway turn right at that sign rt.1056 and then go 3 miles and offroad park is on left down gravel road, youll see the sign. not very good directions i know but they will get you there.

waloud
11-13-2002, 05:34 AM
Are helmets the only requirement? I called somewhere one time and they said that you have to have a flag on your bike. I wasn
't for sure if it was them.

Braff1
11-13-2002, 08:13 AM
Helmets are the only requirement that I know of.

spincr4hire
11-13-2002, 09:37 AM
Are you going Sat. or Sunday?

waloud
11-13-2002, 03:43 PM
looking at going sat.

raptorman01
11-13-2002, 07:59 PM
hey spincr4hire are you the one i we rode with last saturday out there? i was the one with the raptor that the rear end came apart! we was planning on trying it again this saturday until tonight when i broke an axle bearing in half, so if i can get it back together before then i may be there but its not looking good since no shop around here has the bearings in stock, but ill find them somewhere.

spincr4hire
11-14-2002, 01:14 PM
Hey Raptorman01,
Yep, thats me:D I was quite sore after last Sat., but thats what happens when you hit 30.

You are having a lot of trouble with that thing, wanna buy a very reliable 400ex? (mine) :p
I probably won't be up there this Sat. anyway, have to work that morning, can't pass up the O.T.

waloud
11-17-2002, 11:37 PM
Went to mp this past sat. and it was a ghos town. Me and a buddy of mine was the only people there. We had a good time even though it drizzled all day and was a little cold. MP must have a curse, I snapped a bolt that holds my a-arm and had to be pulled out. The bad thing about it was that we was on our way back to the truck. We'll definately be going back.

Marty@TheQuadshop
11-18-2002, 12:37 AM
Jeff Rowlrag Brad and me went there today.
There was a harescramble forr bikes only going on some no one was near the phone.
Awesome place to ride we might go again next week.
I flip the cannibal upside down in the water (it was cold)

waloud
11-18-2002, 12:46 AM
I know what you are talking about. I came close on a couple of occassions of going fgr a swim. Nice flyer at work. What area are you working in? I thought I saw you out on chassis 2.

Braff1
11-18-2002, 01:47 AM
Wayloud, Mountain Parkway is a rough place to ride (as in challenging, technical). broken parts, flipped quads, and the etc we refer to as having the Mountain Parkway blues. My cousins quad has been there 3 times and 2 of the 3 we have had to push it up on the trailer, the 1 time he flipped his quad breaking his thumb. I myself have gotten the blues there a couple of time. Once broke my collar bone when my quad rolled back on me and another when I watched my quad go down the mountain with the throttle WFO.

velociraptor
11-18-2002, 02:14 PM
Braff what's up man hows chris?

Braff1
11-18-2002, 02:22 PM
velociraptor, how you doing? I haven't seen or heard from you in a long while.

Did you know he blew out his ACL riding a while back and had to have surgery. He was trying to climb a little hill and his z bogged down on him on the hill and when he went to climb off his leg got hung up on the seat and that is when he tore it. Since then it has been hard to get him to go riding it is either too cold or he dosen't want to get muddy.

Oh well. Let me know when you guys are going riding some time.

Dan

11-18-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Marty@TheQuadshop
Jeff Rowlrag Brad and me went there today.
There was a harescramble forr bikes only going on some no one was near the phone.
Awesome place to ride we might go again next week.
I flip the cannibal upside down in the water (it was cold)

YEah thanks fer askin me ta go...:grr