PDA

View Full Version : the suspension vs. motor debate

trx400EXtreme
01-04-2008, 06:54 PM
what woud you guys do first...... suspension or motor. i personally chose suspension. i was just curious what everybody else thought about this.

400exBRAAP
01-04-2008, 06:58 PM
i chose motor, because suspension doesnt come into play was much as it may be for other riders with the riding i do. mostly roads, a jump here or there, but it really as necessary as it may be for other applications

Ruby Soho
01-04-2008, 06:59 PM
it depends.

not everybody is the racer's.. for an everyday rider id say if your just looking for more snap and power for riding do the motor, when the stock suspensions suits you fine for play riding

but if your racing any type of racing you should do suspension first because the better handling will get you through the race quicker and you wont get beat up as much

i voted suspension but it can go either way

01-04-2008, 07:08 PM
Its kind of a both that you need. Suspension is deffinately the best thing to have. But yeah you need some snap from a slip on and air filter or something.

BlaineKaiser450
01-04-2008, 07:12 PM
suspension, because a motor is nothing if you cant control it

05Z400rdr
01-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Deffinately suspension. If you did motor work, but don't have half decent suspension, you will not be getting the full potential out of your engine that you would have just payed a lot of money for. With suspension, you can learn to go good with that first, then after you have that and feel you could use some more power, then move up to exhaust and engine mods. Depending on what type of riding that you do, a very cheap performance mod would be sprockets.

Landon

trxwannbe
01-04-2008, 07:27 PM
for any type of racing suspension is needed first because without it you can't even consider it a possibility that your getting all your power to the ground or even capable of using it all if you are getting it there

wvspeedfreak
01-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by trxwannbe
for any type of racing suspension is needed first because without it you can't even consider it a possibility that your getting all your power to the ground or even capable of using it all if you are getting it there

Exactly.I would venture to say most quads straight off the showroom floor have more power than you can utilize with stock suspension and you will know when you reach the point of needing better suspension :p

Pappy
01-04-2008, 07:40 PM
Suspension- It's for when you have more ball's then brains:eek2:

416exfreak
01-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Suspension- It's for when you have more ball's then brains:eek2:

That guys balls have officially retreated into his stomach...and refuse to come back out.:devil:

XXXRACER165
01-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Suspension Owns over the engine.

quad2xtreme
01-04-2008, 09:59 PM
For the Honda 450r, I voted motor even though I know suspension will make you quicker. You can get a significant gain in performance on the 450r for <$300. That same money isn't going to take you very far in suspension upgrades. The HRC kit really wakes the bike up making it better for tracks or trails.

Then, start saving for the expensive suspension upgrades.