PDA

View Full Version : axle/swing arm problems

kdoe400ex
01-04-2008, 06:28 PM
i have recently been riding and heard some grinding sound so i stopped and saw some metal shavings and on the right side of the swing arm in between the brake caliber and the swing arm i see what looks like a broken ring that is grinded scratched and broke in some pieces so does anyone have any clue of what this is?javascript:smilie(':confused:')
confused

JOEX
01-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by kdoe400ex
i have recently been riding and heard some grinding sound so i stopped and saw some metal shavings and on the right side of the swing arm in between the brake caliber and the swing arm i see what looks like a broken ring that is grinded scratched and broke in some pieces so does anyone have any clue of what this is?javascript:smilie(':confused:')
confused
The bearings are probably toast. If it's that bad then the carrier may worn too:ermm:

tar
01-04-2008, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
The bearings are probably toast. If it's that bad then the carrier may worn too:ermm:

That would be my guess too

kdoe400ex
01-04-2008, 08:04 PM
ok well what side so you recommend that i pull the axle threw? the side with the brake or the sprocket? and i have had a hard @$$ time taking both sides but what would be the easiest to?

JOEX
01-04-2008, 08:21 PM
The axle only comes out one way... through the sprocket side.

The axle lock nut will most likey be the most difficult part to remove. Search around the site a bit and you'll find everything you need to know:)

Aceman
01-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by kdoe400ex
i have recently been riding and heard some grinding sound so i stopped and saw some metal shavings and on the right side of the swing arm in between the brake caliber and the swing arm i see what looks like a broken ring that is grinded scratched and broke in some pieces so does anyone have any clue of what this is?

:eek:

Preventative maintenance is key........