PDA

View Full Version : Parking brake not working

fxbrry
01-04-2008, 03:42 PM
I know this is a stupid question but I cant seem to get the parking brake to engage. This is my first quad and I cant figure out the parking brake. How does it work? If its like other quads I've ridden you press the red button and pull the clutch and that pulls the brake. You lock it with the lever that clips onto the red button. For some reason the red button will not press down so I dont know how it works. Can someone explain how to set it and post a picture of theirs.

Thanks.

01-04-2008, 04:01 PM
take it off, it is useless...

ida400ex
01-04-2008, 07:03 PM
save yourself alot of trouble and buy a park brake block off, pull off the cable and put on a new clutch perch.

soberagain150
01-04-2008, 10:19 PM
you could do what everyone says (which i totally agree with them) but your parking brake most likely needs to be adjusted... you do that from the rear caliper

sandstar
01-05-2008, 07:56 AM
Just get rid of it!

fxbrry
01-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Thanks for nothing, no one has actually answered my question how it works. Yes I know I could take it off but thats not the question.

01-06-2008, 03:38 PM
you answered your own question...push the red button, pull in the clutch lever and put the lock on...but it most likely needs adjusted to even engage because they get out of adjustment so fast

you can adjust it like mentioned, but it will be doing the same thing after an hour of riding...we all have been through this with the p-brakes...they are worthless and not needed...read your owners manual and see how to adjust it and use it.

is the bike a brand new one or did you buy it used? every new atv i buy also comes home with the block off plate because the p-brake is useless...eliminate the problem, instead of "band-aiding" it

fxbrry
01-06-2008, 06:33 PM
Thanks speedyquad, thats the answer I was looking for; was I right in how to engage the brake or was I doing it wrong. It's used and I got nothing with the quad besides a new set of tires.

01-07-2008, 03:34 AM
that is how it works, but save yourself the headache and eliminate the pbrake.

i don't understand how people do not have the owners manual to pass along when the machine is sold. oh well, get one from thelocal dealer,

sandstar
01-08-2008, 08:53 AM
First thing anyone should buy for thier quad is a service manual.:D

suzukigirl
01-19-2008, 11:27 AM
i want to take the parking brake off on mine and put in a block off plate, how did you guys re-wire the clutch switch, or did you just connect the wires so you don't need the clutch to start?

indyZrider
01-22-2008, 08:41 AM
yes suzukigirl. you just splice those 2 wire going to the cps (clutch position sensor) together and your done. make sure you heatshrink it to protect it when your done splicing.

suzukigirl
01-22-2008, 08:53 AM
great thanks :)

NitroBlade
01-27-2008, 10:19 AM
Get about a 12" pc of velcro. Wrap it around you handlebars. When you want a parking brake cinch it around your front brake lever.;)