PDA

View Full Version : Need help from Iraq!!! Ranger 6x6

DF400ex
01-04-2008, 11:45 AM
So, I'm in Iraq right now and I need some assistance. My 1SG has a Polaris Ranger 6x6 and in his infinite wisdom, lost his keys, the only set of keys that is. So we are basically trying to hot wire his Ranger. I'm not doing this on anything stolen, we signed for it and therefore own it. We just wanna get it running again cuz we need it for mission prep and stuff. We use it to haul stuff all over the base.

When we pulled the ignition switch off there were 7 wires that connected to it (3 red/white, 1 orange, 2 brownish black, and 1 black). Now, I'm not savvy with hot wiring, and this forum has been great to me in the past, so I ask you for help. No need to post it here for all to see, just pm me and we can keep it between ourselves.

Thanks in advance.

SGT F.

P.S. If you need pics to prove it I can get those aswell, lol.

Ghost-Rider
01-04-2008, 12:08 PM
I'd be interested in the pics lol.

DF400ex
01-04-2008, 12:13 PM
I'll try to get some up in the morning. It's 10pm here right now and he locked it at our staging area across the base. I will go over there in the morning and snap a pic. Good think everything in the military has a cable locking the steering wheel, otherwise someone would just take it.

Ghost-Rider
01-04-2008, 12:18 PM
10 PM ? Damn, it's 2:18 PM here.

DF400ex
01-04-2008, 12:25 PM
yeah man, 8 hour time difference.

Pappy
01-04-2008, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by DF400ex
Good thing everything in the military has a cable locking the steering wheel, otherwise someone would just take it.

set up an OP...keep the cable lock off the ranger....when osama ben stealin' comes by, wait till he hot wires it, cap his *** and ride on:devil:

how you all doing over there..havent heard from a few members that are there in awhile

Ghost-Rider
01-04-2008, 12:37 PM
8 hour difference, talk about jet lag :eek2:

DF400ex
01-04-2008, 12:46 PM
Yeah, that would be nice. I'd gladly do that, lol.

All is going well over here. We do a pretty cool job that gets us outside the wire almost everyday interacting with the locals and local leaders. We basically help the locals stand themselves, their government, essential services up, etc. Infantry clears an area of bad guys, and we come in and make the locals able to defend and support themselves so the bad guys cannot find safe haven in that village anymore.

If you haven't heard from a few of us members over here it's because a good internet connection is really hard to find for most people here. Thanks to my job we have one in our team office, lol. It's pretty sweet. Usually you can go to the MWR center and you get 30 minutes of really, really, think first dial up slow internet. It's all you can do to check email sometimes.

This lost key thing is beginning to be a pain in the butt. We really need that thing so we're not hauling our gear (mine weighs 85 lbs with full ammo +, water, and weapons) and stuff the 1.5 miles to where we meet up with the guys we ride with. If anyone knows how to do bypass the ignition I would really appreciate it.

DF400ex
01-04-2008, 12:49 PM
Or if someone who has one could put a voltage tester on their wires and tell me what each one has as far as voltage goes when it's on and off. If I knew that I could figure it out easy.

Nausty
01-04-2008, 10:25 PM
carrying all the damn gear was the worst part bout iraq! Specially in the f'n heat! Goin back in 45 days! 21st birthday on the plane ride to afghanistan!

How much longer till you get back!?

DF400ex
01-05-2008, 04:59 AM
Yeah, I'm part of the year on year off plan, lol. Just enough time to get a year of college done, then it's time to go back. Or, just enough time to get sick of school, lol. It's a little harder this time though because I got married right before coming over this time and she is 8 months pregnant now. I'll make it home on leave just in time to see the baby born hopefully.

Still need help with the Ranger 6x6 though...

coolguy8769
01-05-2008, 04:09 PM
**** i'd make the guy who lost the key carry everyones gear.

just had to comment i know nothing about the ranger electrics

bens250ex
01-06-2008, 11:09 AM
post some pics of the wiring. lets see if we can find a diagram of the wiring.

quad2xtreme
01-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Any chance of calling Polaris tomorrow? I am sure they would be willing to help out.

DF400ex
01-12-2008, 02:52 AM
Sorry it took so long to reply. I had some stuff to do off the FOB. I need to get this squared away for my 1SG because I am going home on Emergency Leave ASAP. My wife had our first child 2 days ago. I was supposed to go home in 2 weeks for leave, but he decided to come out early, lol. I found a bunch of diagrams online, but the wireing part is too small and is really distorted when blown up to the poing that I cannot read it. IF anyone can help that woulf be great. If not, I will stop at a Polaris dealer while I'm home. Thanks again

Hammer trx450r
01-12-2008, 05:38 AM
Congrats and be safe

Exrider434
01-12-2008, 01:42 PM
DF400ex, where in WNY are you? im in lockport

fatkid400
01-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Congrats on the new born and thank you for everything you and all the military are doing over there! I for 1 am proud of and support all of you.sorry cant help you with the ranger tho.

DF400ex
01-13-2008, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by fatkid400
Congrats on the new born and thank you for everything you and all the military are doing over there! I for 1 am proud of and support all of you.sorry cant help you with the ranger tho.

I appreciate the congrats and thanks man and I am proud to serve. Ooh well on the ranger, lol.

DF400ex
01-13-2008, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Exrider434
DF400ex, where in WNY are you? im in lockport

Around Batavia, NY. Right between Rochester and Buffalo.