PDA

View Full Version : anybody in law enforcement

kawiefan
01-04-2008, 10:58 AM
im kinda leaning towards going into law enforcement after i graduate. there isint much to to where i live. i wanna stay in the area ( im in between binghampton ny and scranton pa ). idk anyone in the feild. salary wise what are they making. is it enough to support a family of say 4.

my88r
01-04-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by kawiefan
im kinda leaning towards going into law enforcement after i graduate. there isint much to to where i live. i wanna stay in the area ( im in between binghampton ny and scranton pa ). idk anyone in the feild. salary wise what are they making. is it enough to support a family of say 4.

binghamton,ny is only 45 mins for me. i been to scranton,pa many times.lol but the local cops here. make a decent living.

Regular_Joe
01-04-2008, 01:23 PM
http://php.pressconnects.com/salary/search.php

The local Binghamton paper just did a story on the salaries of local government jobs. Most cops are doing very well for themselves. The chief is downing about 100k with most other officers in the 50k to 70k range. Pretty darn good for this area if you ask me.

gncc025
01-04-2008, 02:45 PM
its something ive looked into but just doesnt pay what i need it to around here. you get lucky to start at around 20 grand a year, its all small towns. the nearest big city is memphis tn which has around 360 murders a year, or one per day.:ermm:

zukirules
01-04-2008, 03:21 PM
i'm taking classes at the community college right now, then goin to western for my degree. The only thing is, if you want to be a cop, expect to work a ton.

Ohh, salarys really good after a few years. I talked to a cop in streamwood illinois that i went for a ride along with, after 10 years i believe, he's making 87k. My buddy Nick works a lot of over time, and is making 95K. It all depends where your a cop at.

450raider
01-04-2008, 04:58 PM
i plan on being a law enforcer myself although im not sure how much they get paid the cops around here do all have nice stuff, all i know is i gotta find a shi*** job and make $3000 to go to cop school im expecting to be all done by mid '08

01-04-2008, 09:44 PM
marry rich if you become a cop lol been there done that... =X

JOEX
01-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by buggydays
marry rich if you become a cop lol been there done that... =X
Better advice might be if you want to be a cop don't get married...:scary:

01-04-2008, 10:08 PM
lol that's a 10-4

Joecool1264
01-05-2008, 08:51 AM
Being in Law Enforcement is hard. You don't do it for the money, I assure you will never get rich, but if our lucky you can make a decent living. My advise is lean toward a state level job, they usually have better pay and benny's.
After 20 years and two marrages, I'll say sometimes it's worth it sometimes it ain't. Working rotating shifts, nights, weekends, and holidays takes a toll on a family and home life. Sometime it a high price to pay.
If you contact some of the larger agencys they often have recruiting officers that can put you in contact with some working cops, and you can ask them about the job. Good luck