PDA

View Full Version : Winter tire question (low low air)

Honda4lyphe
01-03-2008, 11:14 PM
Hello, i took my ex out for the first time after about a month a week ago, my back tires were extremly low on air and so were my fronts. Before the winter and the last time i rode, my tires were fine and seemed to hold air. I thought maybe my back tires had a hole in them, but then why would all 4 be low? I dont have an air compresser here i'll have to ask my buddy to bring his by when we get the time. But because of the cold weather does that make your tires lose pressure? I cant recall this happening before. Last winter i think was a bit warmer, its been in the 20s and i put my ex in a new building that has the same temp as the outside. I'm thinking of trying to find a way to put it in my living room..i cant let that thing be alone without somthing going wrong!

300exOH
01-03-2008, 11:20 PM
It's pretty normal for the air in the tires to contract in colder temps. Mine do it every year when the cold weather hits. For some reason they never re-inflate themselves when it warms back up though.:ermm:

01-03-2008, 11:23 PM
when the temperature changes it messes up the tire pressure. In florida during winter months its always fluctuating it was 80 degrees out for weeks then all of a sudden 2 cold fronts in a row and its 26 degrees at night. When the temperature changes make sure you check the tires.

Honda4lyphe
01-04-2008, 12:54 AM
Thanks for the replys! Its a releif. I've always had my quads in a garage that kept warm for the most part, just recently i built a shop and stored it there. The next month im like no way but that was the only thing i could think that happend. Somtimes if i drive on the road for a bit they reinflate a little enough to ride. It worried me, hopefully none of them have holes!