PDA

View Full Version : Nerf bar question: Moose vs. Pro Armor

twain68
01-03-2008, 09:28 AM
I'm looking at the race nerf bars w/the built in pegs and heel guard, by: Moose and also the ones form Pro Armor, w/out the built in pegs. I was wondering if any of you guys were running, any of these. and the pros and cons. Just trying to do some home work, before I shell out $300 plus.
Thanks,
T.C.

Colby@C&DRacing
01-03-2008, 09:45 AM
We sell both of those nerfs and I have used the proarmor stuff on some of our race bikes here and really like the fit and quality of the proarmor.

01-03-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
We sell both of those nerfs and I have used the proarmor stuff on some of our race bikes here and really like the fit and quality of the proarmor.

x2 go with pro armor. I love mine I just wish i had the fat pegs

Exrider434
01-03-2008, 10:19 AM
pro armor. Heavy duty and good fit

inverted
01-03-2008, 10:20 AM
It's an expensive setup, but me and everybody I ride with love our IMS Pro Series setup.

Best pegs on the market.

94F450SD
01-03-2008, 11:32 AM
i got the moose bars with the big pegs.love em.only bent them one,i slid into a tree hardand it just slightly bent it.fit was great.

wizzade
01-03-2008, 03:52 PM
I have a set of pro armor fat pegs coming in tomorrow. I will let you know what I think about them.

chipworkz
01-03-2008, 07:29 PM
I have the Pro Armor PowerGRIP nerf bar system. It is really nice and everything fit perfect. The powerGRIP pegs are nasty and your boots won't move unless you want them to. It is pricey since you buy the nerfs, pegs and heel guards separately. Total cost is just under 500 at proarmor.com but you can get them cheaper if you buy from one of their distributors.
I bought DG nerfs for my daughters 250EX and there is no comparison in quality. I only buy pro armor now as you can see in my signature.

casey_lamm
01-04-2008, 04:12 PM
x3 for proarmor! I love them...I have the ones with built in heel guards...they are great...the will take a beating. The install is really easy. they are just rock solid!

Originally posted by twain68
I'm looking at the race nerf bars w/the built in pegs and heel guard, by: Moose and also the ones form Pro Armor, w/out the built in pegs. I was wondering if any of you guys were running, any of these. and the pros and cons. Just trying to do some home work, before I shell out $300 plus.
Thanks,
T.C.

01-04-2008, 04:27 PM
for me I love pro armor just like i said before though I wish i had the fatpegs. either way their great

416exfreak
01-04-2008, 05:24 PM
I love my fat peg Pro Armors.

Great fit, extremely high quality. I wouldnt and wont ever buy any other brand of nerf bar,bumper, skid plate etc.

Everything that Pro Armor makes is high quality IMHO.:)

twain68
01-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Thanks, for your replies...........I think im going to go with the Pro Armor.

casey_lamm
01-04-2008, 07:46 PM
I would put money that you will be more then happy.

There underbody armor is awesome....i got all 3 peices on mine...every one lined up perfectly. The oil drain hole is spot on... great stuff.

Originally posted by twain68
Thanks, for your replies...........I think im going to go with the Pro Armor.

BamBam730
01-05-2008, 09:37 AM
I have the pro-armors with the heel guard that utilizes the stock foot peg. They are great and they come with everything you need to install them including the longer bolt to secure them to the lower a-arm.Had them for a while and I would highly reccommend them, and I would buy them again if I bought another quad.