PDA

View Full Version : Tony Stewart goes Old School

54warrior
01-03-2008, 06:35 AM
Open face helmet and hankerchief---awesome!

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s245/54warrior/Racing%20Stuff/smoke.jpg

naw0029
01-03-2008, 08:20 AM
Can you say SMOKE JOHNSON!!!!!!!! Sprint car guys will pick up on that right away.

54warrior
01-03-2008, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by naw0029
Can you say SMOKE JOHNSON!!!!!!!! Sprint car guys will pick up on that right away.

http://i.pbase.com/g4/12/567012/2/91106341.k0jj79si.jpg

http://k41.pbase.com/g4/12/567012/2/91033696.SjPdlnSW.jpg

"Stewart to rumble in Fort Wayne

Tony Stewart will try to defend his 2006 Rumble in Fort Wayne championship this weekend in the annual indoor race. Last year, he won both 60-lap features on the slick, concrete surface."

naw0029
01-03-2008, 08:48 AM
54warrior are you a sprint car, open wheel fan, i see you live in PA home to some of the best dirt tracks in the country.

54warrior
01-03-2008, 08:54 AM
54warrior are you a sprint car, open wheel fan, i see you live in PA home to some of the best dirt tracks in the country.

Not as much a Sprint fan as I am a Late Model fan. I used to live about 45 mins from Lernerville, so I grew up going to the races. Ed Lynch Jr. is the big dog there in the sprints, along with Rod George. The sprints are dying off though in western PA, whereas they seem to be thriving in the eastern/central part of the state.

I now live in Lancaster, PA, about 1 hr from Williams Grove/Lincoln/etc. Have been there a couple times and have to admit that the sprint racing out here is far better than in western PA. I'm still a late model fan at heart though.

KXRida
01-03-2008, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by 54warrior
Not as much a Sprint fan as I am a Late Model fan. I used to live about 45 mins from Lernerville, so I grew up going to the races. Ed Lynch Jr. is the big dog there in the sprints, along with Rod George. The sprints are dying off though in western PA, whereas they seem to be thriving in the eastern/central part of the state.

I now live in Lancaster, PA, about 1 hr from Williams Grove/Lincoln/etc. Have been there a couple times and have to admit that the sprint racing out here is far better than in western PA. I'm still a late model fan at heart though.

I take it you've been to bedford speedway then? I guess they're closing dog hollow now. I am slowly finding myself getting into late models myself. Almost bought a rolling chassis, but new I'd never get around to putting an engine in it.

Tony stewart will be racing the chili bowl next sat as well. Should be a good race.

54warrior
01-03-2008, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by KXRida
I take it you've been to bedford speedway then? I guess they're closing dog hollow now.

I've not been to Bedford, but would like to sometime. I used to go to Dog Hollow often as well, but that place has gone downhill quickly. I actually take a "scenic shortcut" which goes right past Dog Hollow when I go back home.

250xridamatt
01-03-2008, 09:36 AM
Thats at the Memorial Coliseum in Fort Wayne, IN. I forgot he was coming here.

naw0029
01-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
I take it you've been to bedford speedway then? I guess they're closing dog hollow now. I am slowly finding myself getting into late models myself. Almost bought a rolling chassis, but new I'd never get around to putting an engine in it.

Tony stewart will be racing the chili bowl next sat as well. Should be a good race.

The chili bowl is where the whole Smoke Johnson thing started, i was offered a ticket but just affored it right now with the racing seasion fast approaching (I run a 270 micro in south jersey) but i will be having a chili bowl party now that it is going to be on Pay-Per-View, cant wait!

KXRida
01-03-2008, 03:16 PM
but i will be having a chili bowl party now that it is going to be on Pay-Per-View, cant wait!

you and me both. I already ordered it.

trx400EXtreme
01-03-2008, 03:20 PM
i personally cant stand stewart.... for one reason. we were at the chili bowl....and long story short this kid, probably 10 years old, comes up to him in a wheelchair and asks for his autograph, and he says im busy and walks off. yes i relize how busy the races can get. i grew up around them, my uncle races sprint cars and my dad used to be the crew cheif. but you just dont refuse a little kid like that, especially in a wheelchair.

54warrior
01-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by trx400EXtreme
i personally cant stand stewart.... for one reason. we were at the chili bowl....and long story short this kid, probably 10 years old, comes up to him in a wheelchair and asks for his autograph, and he says im busy and walks off. yes i relize how busy the races can get. i grew up around them, my uncle races sprint cars and my dad used to be the crew cheif. but you just dont refuse a little kid like that, especially in a wheelchair.

I don't see a problem with it at all. No I'm not being rude or ignorant, but why is he obligated to do such things, just because he drives in Nascar???

This is what he had to deal with while preparing to race his Dirt Late Model at Lernerville this past July:

http://k43.pbase.com/o6/83/544183/1/84156385.rSQ0PWWz.20LSJS0086081607.jpg

trx400EXtreme
01-03-2008, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by 54warrior
I don't see a problem with it at all. No I'm not being rude or ignorant, but why is he obligated to do such things, just because he drives in Nascar???

This is what he had to deal with while preparing to race his Dirt Late Model at Lernerville this past July:

http://k43.pbase.com/o6/83/544183/1/84156385.rSQ0PWWz.20LSJS0086081607.jpg true he's not obligated to sign autographs, thats not what he's getting paid for, but if a kid came up to me like that i would definately take a few seconds out of my life to sign somethin' for him. i guess ya kinda had to be there to understand why this pissed me off.

Waddell
01-03-2008, 08:24 PM
I dont know what he is like in person but he is still one of the best drivers out there. The guy can win in any kind of car that he drives. you have to give him some credit for that.

naw0029
01-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Im not a huge fan of Smoke but i do give the guy credit for putting some notice back on dirt track racing, its sad that the adverage NASCAR fan has now idea why you need to turn right to go left, or what a hoosier tire is.

trx400EXtreme
01-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Im not a huge fan of Smoke but i do give the guy credit for putting some notice back on dirt track racing, its sad that the adverage NASCAR fan has now idea why you need to turn right to go left, or what a hoosier tire is. yea i'll give him that. honestly i'd rather with dirt track racing than nascar any day.

01-03-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by trx400EXtreme
yea i'll give him that. honestly i'd rather with dirt track racing than nascar any day.

They use Hoosier tires in NASCAR. My neighbor races.

naw0029
01-04-2008, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
They use Hoosier tires in NASCAR. My neighbor races.

Ha, no they use hoosiers in classes like Hooters Pro Cup but nascar has there deal with goodyear, it makes no difference in my mind a true racing fan is born when a mom, dad, or any older rool model takes a kid to a local dirt track and a 410 sprinter goes down the stright away with the wheels high in the air and never lifts going into the corner, not watchin there parents drink beer and listen to ESPN butcher a nascar race.

01-04-2008, 10:36 AM
Ha, no they use hoosiers in classes like Hooters Pro Cup but nascar has there deal with goodyear, it makes no difference in my mind a true racing fan is born when a mom, dad, or any older rool model takes a kid to a local dirt track and a 410 sprinter goes down the stright away with the wheels high in the air and never lifts going into the corner, not watchin there parents drink beer and listen to ESPN butcher a nascar race.

heres where your wrong and many people are. NASCAR is the association not the kind of cars. Nextel Cup uses Goodyear, Busch uses Goodyear, Arca uses Hoosier. They are all under the association NASCAR and race on the same tracks for the most part, and there is very little difference in cars. Nextel Cup and Arca cars are more similar that Nextel Cup and Busch. Busch cars are NOT as wide as the others. You cant argue with me when my neighbor owns a racing team, has cars, and their son races. I've been to Daytona in the garage area, in the pits, up down all around and listened to my neighbor point out all these things.

redlineranger
01-04-2008, 05:40 PM
tony stewart is a complete *ss, but he can damn sure drive the wheel's off anything. i'll give him that, but his attitude is just garbage. he does keep it exciting though lol

***They use Hoosier tires***

^lmao you must not watch too much NASCAR if you dont know they've been running GoodYear Eagles for god know's how long.

01-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
tony stewart is a complete *ss, but he can damn sure drive the wheel's off anything. i'll give him that, but his attitude is just garbage. he does keep it exciting though lol

***They use Hoosier tires***

^lmao you must not watch too much NASCAR if you dont know they've been running GoodYear Eagles for god know's how long.

read my post above yours NASCAR is the association not the series!!!!

redlineranger
01-04-2008, 11:22 PM
read my post above yours NASCAR is the association not the series!!!!

i know what nascar is, trust me i've been heavily into to is since i was about 3... i misread your post, my bad

01-04-2008, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
i know what nascar is, trust me i've been heavily into to is since i was about 3... i misread your post, my bad

its alright i'm just trying to get it through to people that NASCAR is the association not the series.

cop292
01-05-2008, 05:07 AM
heres where your wrong and many people are. NASCAR is the association not the kind of cars. Nextel Cup uses Goodyear, Busch uses Goodyear, Arca uses Hoosier. They are all under the association NASCAR and race on the same tracks for the most part, and there is very little difference in cars. Nextel Cup and Arca cars are more similar that Nextel Cup and Busch. Busch cars are NOT as wide as the others. You cant argue with me when my neighbor owns a racing team, has cars, and their son races. I've been to Daytona in the garage area, in the pits, up down all around and listened to my neighbor point out all these things.

You are almost correct, but....ARCA is not a division of NASCAR. I have raced in both associations as well as USAC. However, NASCAR does use Hoosier tires, especially at a lot of local short tracks. In fact Hoosiers are the "spec" tire for some divisions.