PDA

View Full Version : outlaw rear wheel sloop

steve123
01-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Does anyone have any ideas on how to reduce the rear wheel sloop on the outlaw irs? And is that just the design? I have about 350 hrs. on my 06 and allways serviced the rear a-arms, and needle bearings often. Today I spent $116 on the L/R upper a-arms bushing and sleeves, outer sleeves 2 per side $20 ea. any cheaper parts besides Polaris.

Evasiveone
01-03-2008, 09:14 AM
A member on this page custom bushings (http://predatorowners.com/index.cfm?action=thread&catid=99&topid=436&thrid=40008) (Drich)
is making custom bushings and metal sleeves that have tighter tolerances. It is toward the end of the thread. If you contact him he will make a set for you. He has another thread showing the difference on there with the difference in sizes listed.

Flynbryan19
01-03-2008, 09:31 AM
You'll have to look to outside sources. Polaris's quality control and tolerances are crap. They expect the customers to do the R&D for them.

steve123
01-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Thank you Evasiveone,

For the information on redesigned rear upper a-arm sleeves, Would you have more detailed contact information? This has been a problem from day 1. I have got it all part now. It's hard to beleive that Polaris just lets this problem go uncorrected? In any event I have a modified Fuji 500/NR520, even with that not to mention the KTM 525 engine, the IRS for me has been faster in the rough mountainous terrains in Washington, at lest for longer rides then the straight axles I have owned. And with all that sloop back there something going to give and you'll eat mouth full of dirt.

06 Outlaw Fuji 500/NR520; nr520 kit (520cc KTM built cylinder,JE Race pistion & rings 11.9-1 comp ratio, Trinity racing in/ex port-hi-flow valve, HMF full system Bill Balance, Aeen Performance race intake ( alium bottom sheild, S&B clamp-on filter/ Outwears. Scaryfast powernow, K&N Dynojet kit, Percision Racing steering stabilizer Fox podium X piggies front&rear, with polaris outlaw shock covers and Maxxis Irazor tires, Trailtech Vapor, Procom ignition system, AR racing coil.

08 Outlaw 450MXR: FMF Q/4 with Powerbomb header, K&N filter.

Evasiveone
01-03-2008, 08:11 PM
I think the easiest way to contact Drich would be go to Predatorowners.com and PM him. I know he made some bushings for some of the members there.