PDA

View Full Version : Jetting, help! i need to ride my new engine!

quadwanter
01-02-2008, 10:20 PM
I got my engine back tonight and got everything back together with the help of my friend. Sit down to have a soda and realize im going to need to change my jetting, bummer.

MODS
+3 stroker crank
Port and polish
12:1 piston
+1 valves
Full Exhast
Uni Filter
Stage 3 cam

Elevation- 450ft.

I "think" the carb has the hrc jetting in there now but im not sure. So what jetting should i try??? I really wanna ride this thing but dont wanna burn the motor up :scary:

bloodmoney23
01-03-2008, 08:52 AM
to put you in a ballpark, just pick up the HRC Jet kit. and buy the next couple main and slow jets bigger and a few under and just fine tune it. We cant really tell you what your jetting is going to be so...call the people that did your engine they should be able to give you a better idea.

quadwanter
01-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by bloodmoney23
to put you in a ballpark, just pick up the HRC Jet kit. and buy the next couple main and slow jets bigger and a few under and just fine tune it. We cant really tell you what your jetting is going to be so...call the people that did your engine they should be able to give you a better idea.

yah im just trying to get the jetting pretty close to break it in, then i'll fine tune it later when i can run the motor to its full potential.

quadwanter
01-03-2008, 10:43 PM
I ended up putting a 190 main in. I'll break it in this way and fine tune later. Seems to run good!