PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly 660 Overheating?

CMR250R
01-02-2008, 09:00 PM
A friend of mine has a grizzly 660 I think it is an 05. The bike has been ridden I'd say pretty hard but was taken care of. Just recently he has been complaining of the bike overheating when he was plowing and another time when he was in deep snow, the fan is working and the coolant is full. So far it sounds like this is only happening in 4WD. I was wondering if any of you had any problems like this and how you fixed it. I don't know that it matters but he has oversize wheels/tires on the bike also. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

CHAR250R
01-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Go to www.bluetraxx.com. You will find all the info you need on your friend's Grizzly. Yamaha had a recall on the 2003's to add vented side panels, and some other things to take care of the overheating issues.

CMR250R
01-09-2008, 08:34 PM
thanks for the info I will check it out.

Quad18star
02-27-2008, 03:50 PM
Overheating on the Grizzly is a very common thing . The design of the sidepanels and such , doesn't allow the heat to escape enough. Also many people complain about the gas boiling ( mine does it) ... common occurance. A fix could be to use specially designed coolant that helps reduce heat. Another option is to go with the High Lifter radiator kit , which allows the coolant to circulate 3 times before returning to engine rather than once like in the stock radiator. I'll be buying an HL rad this summer.

Also take into effect , that plowing and riding in deep snow is causing the engine to work hard .... therefore creating more heat.