PDA

View Full Version : Leatt Brace issues

ammohog01
01-02-2008, 08:29 PM
I recently got a Leatt Brace for X-mas and I want to wear it with a chest protector. I am getting ready to buy a new chest protector and I wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions on which ones worked the best with the brace. Any input would be great.

roush32
01-03-2008, 09:14 AM
My son wears a fox air frame with his and it works great.

QuadJunkies
01-03-2008, 10:49 AM
I wondered about this with the mini riders.
ID like to be able to get one one of these days for both my kids.They wear the Ladies FOX and Thors chest protector.

bwamos
01-03-2008, 11:18 AM
A lot of folks run the Rockgardn Flack Jacket. The newer model is designed specifically to work with the Leatt. It's an undershirt protector.

ammohog01
01-03-2008, 11:24 AM
I tried it lastnight with my old thor quadrant and there is no way it will work. My old fly chest pretect might work but I will have to alter it quite a bit.

ammohog01
01-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
A lot of folks run the Rockgardn Flack Jacket. The newer model is designed specifically to work with the Leatt. It's an undershirt protector.

What brand makes it?

esr250r86
01-03-2008, 12:08 PM
I see alot of riders wearing leatt braces but most of them dont wear chest protectors? I dont get it?are they not meant to be worn with a chest protector but they dont look like they cover or protect any ofthe chest area like a chest protector would?

bwamos
01-03-2008, 12:16 PM
That's because they are wearing one of these. It's worn under the shirt.

Rockgardn is the brand. Flak Jacket it the product.

http://www.rockgardn.com/items/body-armor/flak-jacket-flak-jacket-detail.htm?1=1&menu=armor

Note the mesh netting, so it is very cool. You could wear a bodyarmor shirt underneath to help wick the sweat away and stay even cooler.

http://rockgardn.easystorecreator.com/images/08fjlarge.jpg

http://rockgardn.easystorecreator.com/images/08fjback.jpg

esr250r86
01-03-2008, 12:25 PM
That looks awesome. I like the back part. and it comes with a kidney belt.

Nick110
01-03-2008, 01:25 PM
You can also wear a Thor Sentinal chest protector.

QuadJunkies
01-03-2008, 01:48 PM
The Rock Gardens looks hot and uncomfortable.Basically no one in my family cares for the underclothes design. I guess everyone has there own preferences.I know my kids wont wear that stuff for desert racing....
thats too bad there wasnt a way for it to fit with more chest protectors.

bwamos
01-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
The Rock Gardens looks hot and uncomfortable.

I haven't worn one myself, but why would it be hot? Aren't they made with a stylin' 70's fishnet material?

I guess I could see how it could give you sweaty back. Apparently they did add venting to both the back plastic and the foam underneath in the latest model.

outacontrol
01-03-2008, 04:05 PM
for anyone who has the rock version are the elbow pads removable?

TRX450RACER174
01-03-2008, 04:06 PM
I wear a Thor Force chest protector and it fits perfect the only thing i had to do is relieve the shoulder pads to allow the brace to sit on my body correctly. Leatt's web site has a tutorial video that tells you what to do to make it work properly with your chest protector.

Dupontster
01-03-2008, 04:11 PM
I got a six six one and it seems to work fine. Ive only ridden once with it but i got a race this sunday so ill give some feedback sunday night

mxdad
01-03-2008, 04:54 PM
The rockgardn flak jacket works great with the Leatt and it is not hot or uncomfortable. My son wears both of them every time he rides.

Also not sure about the newer version but our rockgardn flak jacket elbow pads are NOT removable.

Lewie307
01-03-2008, 05:01 PM
with my leatt brace i wear a evs flux chest protector and it fits with no alterations.... u can pick one up at motosport.com

wvspeedfreak
01-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by TRX450RACER174
I wear a Thor Force chest protector and it fits perfect the only thing i had to do is relieve the shoulder pads to allow the brace to sit on my body correctly. Leatt's web site has a tutorial video that tells you what to do to make it work properly with your chest protector.

Same here.

quad2xtreme
01-03-2008, 05:48 PM
link to HRP website (http://www.hrpsports.com/MOTOCROSSOFFROAD/tabid/350/List/1/CategoryID/8/Level/a/SortField/0/Default.aspx)

HRP Flak Jak LT IMS is designed for use with the Leatt.

I currently wear a Thor Force Adult XL that works fairly well with the Leatt. It is very easy to put on and not so bad to get off. If I were in an accident, I would tell them to cut the chest protector off. There is no way I would let someone tug and pull to get it off.

I plan to order the HRP any day now. I've been too lazy to place the order though. :o

bwamos
01-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by outacontrol
for anyone who has the rock version are the elbow pads removable?

If you dont want the arm protection you'd want the Flak Vest.

440challenger
01-03-2008, 06:33 PM
HRP

KXRida
01-05-2008, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Nick110
You can also wear a Thor Sentinal chest protector.

I let my buddy borrow my sentinal and it worked perfect with his leatt.

I might pick up a leatt, but I don't have $400 to unload at the moment.

JRP
01-05-2008, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by KXRida
I let my buddy borrow my sentinal and it worked perfect with his leatt.

I might pick up a leatt, but I don't have $400 to unload at the moment.

its deffinately worth it man! :)

Ex_Rider43
01-05-2008, 11:55 AM
check out the Troy lee designs chest protector it fits the leatt also.

Sjorge450R
01-05-2008, 01:33 PM
peole with the leatt braces.

DO they restrict movment, or do you not even notice them?

I switched from a bulky MSR barrier over the jersey chest protector to a thor sentinel for the reason of movement, but I would like to have more protection.

JRP
01-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX

I switched from a bulky MSR barrier over the jersey chest protector to a thor sentinel for the reason of movement, but I would like to have more protection.

nope, i can still move my head around perfectly fine! after a while u get use to it and it feels like your not even wearing it!

mxdad
01-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX

My son has bad allergies and can't stand anything on his neck at all but he has no trouble with his leatt. He says he doesn't even notice it while he is riding.

KXRida
01-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by JRP
its deffinately worth it man! :)

I know I know, but I'm not shelling out 4 big ones at the moment. It'll have to be on hold. haha I don't even have a bike right now.

maybe next christmas