PDA

View Full Version : Quad wont start

dads400ex
11-03-2001, 12:42 AM
I can't get my 400 to start when I have the fuel valve (not going to call it by it's name and give JabberJaw any ammunition to make a comment with;) ) in the on position but will start in the reserve position and run until I flip it back to the on position it will run for a little bit and then start to cut out and die, obviously I have something in the on part of the valve but I have never had one out so do you guy's have any suggestions on what to look for and is there any kind of filter I should maybe check first?

Thanks,
dads400ex

barbwire44
11-03-2001, 07:50 AM
Sounds clogged to me, best bet and easiest solution would be to disconnect the fuel line from the carb, then put it on reserve and drain the tank then turn it to the on position and blow compressed air through it and i would also repeat it for the reserve then add a little gas remove tank and turn upside down to try and get the foreign object out maybe repeat this step a couple a times. Then also check the vent hose for debris and she should be fine.:D

400exJOE
11-03-2001, 08:33 PM
it obviously a simple clog in the gas valve. I would try disconecting the gas line from the valve, put the valve on ON and blow through the venting line coming out of the gas cap. See if the gas starts flowing. If not, take the valve off and try to clean it.

Tommy 17
11-03-2001, 08:48 PM
check the breather hose on top ur gas cap and mayb u got some water in ur gas. try new gas mayb.