PDA

View Full Version : Hrc or xr or stage #1 with (12:1) compression

bmw500hp
11-12-2002, 10:40 AM
When you look at some of the "Better" Engine builders "National" 416's one of the first things that is obvious is that they are working with 12:1 and 13:1 compressions..... and straight cam 2 fuel. This is obviously one of the major differences in the mods other than there "house" cam.

We, on the other hand want that kind of performance out of Joe's Getty High Test and a 10.8 to 1. compression.....

My question, Let's say we build on a xr or HRC cam and run a 12:1 compression. This question apply to a 416 or STOCK BORE. Now we fully intend to run run 50/50 ( cam2-50% / premium gas 50%)

How would this engine perform....???? Where would the performance differences be apparent over a 11:1

Now let me first just say, this is for an all around performance bike... woods, light track, Fast Recreation....This build is for the Woods and Recreational guy who wants to build in a little "Crackle" in his motor...But still retain low and Midrange performance.

If you were not going to run at the top of the rpm's and you didnt have a real hot cam, you may not have to spend big $$ on the head... so you put some $$$ in the rod to handle the comression..

Anyone care to comment on this setup....curious?????

YZROOSTINYA
11-12-2002, 12:23 PM
i have a stage 2 and did not loose any hp or torque down low. i haven't had it in the dyno but it sure feels alot stronger. i have ridden tight woods with no probs except breakin the tires lose when wet, but that happend anyway, just alot more now, i just ease off the throttle a little and im good. i love my quad now. i can jump decent stuff on the track and its snappy. i just need smaller tires for the track and suspension