PDA

View Full Version : Warrior wont start.

ridinMASTER62
01-02-2008, 02:21 PM
1st it had trouble starting after sitting for around a week or a week in a half. Got it startrd and rode it for about and hour and ran out of gas. Put gas in a wouldnt start. Let it sit for a day and tried to satri it again. Started for about a minute and then stalled. Im getting spark and tried to spray ether in it but didnt even fire. any suggestions.

ridinMASTER62
01-22-2008, 07:16 AM
Now I got it started. It ran for a while and I turned it off. Then it wouldnt start again. About 5 min later i tried to start it again and it started. Anyone have any tips.

L0w3r55
01-22-2008, 03:28 PM
It could be that your stator is starting to go, thats what happened with me, it would be a hit or a miss as far as starting went then it finnaly wouldnt start anymore, its not fun to have replaced either, mucho $$ like 600 if you have a shop do it

ridinMASTER62
01-24-2008, 07:15 AM
Thanks for the info I'll check it out.

JackG47
01-28-2008, 06:34 PM
I would suggest checking spark immediately after it quits to be sure. No spark, I would go with the stator,Good spark,clean carb/filter thoroughly.The stator isn't that difficult to replace.$150 at RickyStator.

ridinMASTER62
02-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Thanks I have cleaned the filter good but we havnt tried the carb. Do u think there could be something in the jet. And i have another question. Everytime i clean the oil filter there are little metal grindings and at our local atv shop they said that it is parts of the starter. Could it be the clutch?

JackG47
02-02-2008, 06:23 AM
Any time my Warrior runs poorly I have to clean the carb. I always find dirt in the jets.Mostly in the pilot jet. As for metal particals in your filter, its pretty common to have some.My group rides 4 Warriors and we all have the same thing,as long as it's not a lot of metal. I don't agree the starter is the cause of the metal,the front of the starter shaft extends through the case into an oil galley on the left side and engages with a gear attached to the crankshaft. Not unless you have some kind of misalignment, which you would hear grinding when starting. Let me know how you make out.

ridinMASTER62
02-04-2008, 07:13 AM
thanks for the help. Ill let you know how i make out.

screaminta
02-05-2008, 07:16 PM
My buddy had a warrior with a similar problem, turned out to be a wire that connects into the cdi was grounding out on the frame. The insulation was rubbed off of it completely. Wrapped some duct tape around it and it was perfect for the rest of the time he had it (about three years)

ridinMASTER62
02-12-2008, 04:55 PM
We got it fixed. We checked the Stator and the timing. Everything was fine but we checked the sparkplug and it was bad. We put it a new one when the problem started but it went bad some how. We also put a new spark plug cap on it and the conection between the plug and the cap was bad. Starts every time like a charm now. Thanks again for all the help everyone.

Ogener
02-12-2008, 06:59 PM
glad to hear you got it going again, If you have problems in the future or just want to learn more about warriors I HIGHLY recamend www.yfm350central.com. There are many knowledgeable people there that can help you with any issues.

#17YFZRACER
04-10-2008, 04:20 PM
:chinese: