PDA

View Full Version : security tag removal

450rRacer22
01-02-2008, 01:07 PM
so i was at the mall the other day and i bought a sweatshirt and the lady forgot to take the securty tag off of it. i've been searching the web to try and find out how you can remove it but couldnt really find anything. besides taking it back with the receipt and having them do it, is there anyway i can remove it myself. the mall isnt close to where i live, otherwise i would just take it back to them.

JOEX
01-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by 450rRacer22
so i was at the mall the other day and i bought a sweatshirt and the lady forgot to take the securty tag off of it. i've been searching the web to try and find out how you can remove it but couldnt really find anything. besides taking it back with the receipt and having them do it, is there anyway i can remove it myself. the mall isnt close to where i live, otherwise i would just take it back to them.
How did you get out of the store with the security tag?

Flyin-Low
01-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
How did you get out of the store with the security tag?

Haha, now that's a good point.

Which 450?
They are filled with ink, theres nothing in them that will make the alarm go off.

Ghost-Rider
Not every ink thing has a magnetic piece.

JOEX
01-02-2008, 02:04 PM
I didn't know that...

WhiteYFZ
01-02-2008, 02:15 PM
obviously you stole it:eek2: :rolleyes:

lol j.k take some vice grips to the silver metal part and try to grab it and putt it out of the plastic thing

400exrider707
01-02-2008, 02:23 PM
We had some at Home Depot that just never worked, and they had magnets. We could walk through the doors in and out all day long without certain ones going off.

450rRacer22
01-02-2008, 03:11 PM
lol no i didnt steal it. when we walked out the alarm actually did go off but they said it was the people that were by the door looking at clothes that made the alarm go off so they told us we could leave. im pretty sure it isnt an ink one. my girlfriend is taking pics of it right now so i will post them for you guys. by the way its her sweatshirt lol.

450rRacer22
01-02-2008, 03:20 PM
heres the pics

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w118/Steph_Carley08/Picture009.jpg
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w118/Steph_Carley08/Picture010-1.jpg

Ghost-Rider
01-02-2008, 03:27 PM
I think theres a little slot you have to get the metal prong into.

Ghost-Rider
01-02-2008, 03:28 PM
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=how+to+remove+a+security+tag&btnG=Google+Search

416exfreak
01-02-2008, 03:31 PM
Dremmel or air grinder with a thin blade?

Anything to cut the metal peice in the middle.

If you go back in with it, even with a receipt. I promise you, they will call the police.

I had this happen to me with a hoodie not long ago at a PacSun location. My parents had to come get me out of the detention center at the Leon County jail.

Needless to say, we got it all cleared up, but at first, I thought I was going to jail.:eek2:

Kickstarts-suck
01-02-2008, 03:49 PM
My mom had that happen before and I took a dremel to it and it worked good

YZ400EX
01-02-2008, 04:27 PM
This has happened to my wife I couldnt tell you how many times.. We have never cut them off, but she just goes back to the store with the receipt and they take it off for her.. They have NEVER called the cops.. why would they if you had a receipt?? The last time (about a week ago) they didnt even ask for the receipt, which I thought was odd.. That one you have is not an ink tag so it can just be cut off.. you could probably do it with wire cutters maybe..

416exfreak
01-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by YZ400EX
This has happened to my wife I couldnt tell you how many times.. We have never cut them off, but she just goes back to the store with the receipt and they take it off for her.. They have NEVER called the cops.. why would they if you had a receipt?? The last time (about a week ago) they didnt even ask for the receipt, which I thought was odd.. That one you have is not an ink tag so it can just be cut off.. you could probably do it with wire cutters maybe..

No idea why they called the cops. I showed them my receipt and everything. They wouldnt let me leave the store and they called the cops:ermm:

FreekShow
01-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
No idea why they called the cops. I showed them my receipt and everything. They wouldnt let me leave the store and they called the cops:ermm:
:bandit:

Which 450?
01-03-2008, 02:28 PM
they may still suspect you with a receipt because you can buy something and get a receipt, then go back a few days later, take another one off the rack and u can guess the rest....

Nausty
01-06-2008, 03:55 PM
put the shirt in the freezer so the ink is frozen then break/cut it off....:o

Use some ingenuity guys:P

Ralph
01-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Im assuming they way they are supposed to be removed uses a magnet to dissengage the mechanism inside. Get two magnets and try holding them to both sides and pull/slide it out.

Try a few different combination of which way to hold the positive and negative charged ends.

Pappy
01-06-2008, 05:56 PM
I bought all new scent-loc clothing this year for deer season. Washed it and put it in the drier etc. We heard the clnking sound in the drier, but we figured it was a metal button etc.

A week or so later, opening day arrived (bow season) and I had a nice 8 point under my stand. I reached to get my bow and something made a noise and boom..buck was gone. It was one of those damn plastic security things:mad: When i got back home, a pair of channel locks removed it, but it was the type posted with the pink sweater, not an ink filled one.

btw...what the hell is up with a pink sweater:eek2: :devil: :blah:

450rRacer22
01-12-2008, 06:44 PM
lol like i said it was my girlfriends sweater lol. but anyways, we ended up just taking it back to the store and they had no problem removing it for us. i talked to one of my buddies who i know steals clothes cuz hes an idiot and he said all you have to do is put a lot of pressure on it and eventually it will pop off. he said its really easy but i couldnt figure it out lol. anyways, thanks for the help