PDA

View Full Version : 300ex dilema - advice needed

250Renvy
01-02-2008, 11:09 AM
So I started building a 300ex Hybrid and have a bunch of money tied up into it and still don't have the big bore motor I was looking at building. That will be another $2500 by the time I'm done which brings the cost of my build way up. Even with the stock motor it's still pretty high.

Have a look in my signature for the build thread.

So here's what I'm thinking - ditch the 250R/ 300ex and just build a 300ex. This was just going to be a trail/ girl race quad anyway so I figure just throw on some 400ex a-arms/shocks and longer swingarm/ wider axle and it should handle a lot better without all the money invested.

Anybody have any idea it it's possible to get a 300ex to handle more like a 250R? If I bring the widths and length to the same will it at least be close?

Thanks for any help.

300exOH
01-02-2008, 11:18 AM
If you are using the leager frame it should handle almost exactly like the 250r.

I have burgard +2+1 arms and +4 axle and it doesn't handle quite like a 250r but it seems very close even with my stock swingarm. If I had a +1/+2 swinger it would be even closer IMO.

The leager chassis with a stock 300ex engine w/ pipe and filter might not be the fastest but the handling would be so good it would be able to be pushed much harder than a built 300ex chassis.