PDA

View Full Version : sell it or trade it in?

94F450SD
01-02-2008, 09:53 AM
ok well my 05 400ex was stolen a few days ago.i actually got it back new years eve.a couple friends found it with 2 kids rideing it.but they blew the clutch,ripped all the stickers off of it,ripped the flames off my seat cover,took some parts off of it and stuff.well now i dont want it anymore.its been violated.it looks like crap.

but anyways i want to put it back together with all new plastics and stuff and then get rid of it.itll never be the same bike again.i really want a 450R.how much is the 400 worth as a trade in?or private sale?i have a rev box in it,stage 1 hot cam,HMF pipe,nerfs,steering stabilizer,anti vibe stem and some other goodies done to it.

mittman
01-02-2008, 10:56 AM
thats too bad that kids did that i really cant tell you what it is worth unless i can see some pics of it. post them up when you get it all back together but i wouldnt trade it in you can get more for it if you sell it privitely dealers rip you off. my dad was going to trade his 01 jeep in and they said they would give him 4,000 for it he said noway and a week later he sold it for 7,000 but its your atv you do what you want to do

hornetgod13
01-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Trade in is not even a real option. You will lose the most money that way Like your Dad nearly discovered. If you have the stock parts, than sell the aftermarket parts individually and sell the quad afterwards. You'll make the most money that way. A nice stock 05' might sell for $3,250 to $3,750.

Personally, I think way too many people make 450R's out to be so much better than 400EX's and end up disappointed once they get them. What type of riding are you doing? If you're trail riding stick with your 400EX. If you're racing than I would under stand why you would switch.

Ultimately your going to lose money switching quads. Is it really worth it?

What happened to the kids that stole it? Are they going to get punished? How did they get a hold of it anyways?

oleboy87
01-02-2008, 11:28 AM
i hope the little *******s are going to pay for what they did.... i hope someone is going to pay for all the damages (money wise) so that you can get it back to the way it was then sell it.

maxfior
01-02-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by hornetgod13
Trade in is not even a real option. You will lose the most money that way Like your Dad nearly discovered. If you have the stock parts, than sell the aftermarket parts individually and sell the quad afterwards. You'll make the most money that way. A nice stock 05' might sell for $3,250 to $3,750.

Personally, I think way too many people make 450R's out to be so much better than 400EX's and end up disappointed once they get them. What type of riding are you doing? If you're trail riding stick with your 400EX. If you're racing than I would under stand why you would switch.

Ultimately your going to lose money switching quads. Is it really worth it?

What happened to the kids that stole it? Are they going to get punished? How did they get a hold of it anyways?

X2!

I agree here totally, and what the hell happended to the kids, did you call the cops and press charges? Kids around me know better since in the county the 12 gauge comes out... :eek:

Max

oleboy87
01-02-2008, 12:27 PM
yes i agree with the 12 gauge. i have one loaded by the door as we speak... all you have to do it pull it out one time and they know after that

94F450SD
01-02-2008, 12:34 PM
my friends stopped a cop that was going by.im waiting for the court date.i told the cop i wanted them locked up and yes i want to press charges cuz somebody is paying to get it back to its original state.im gonna make them pay for all new plastics and headlight.they are all scratched to hell now.

i dont think the 450 is better than the 400.i just like the fact that it is water cooled.the main reason i dont want this 400 is cuz i bought it brand new off the dealers floor.only people that rode it were people that i let ride it.these jerks just took it.if i bought it used it might be different but i payed cash for it new.

maxfior
01-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by oleboy87
yes i agree with the 12 gauge. i have one loaded by the door as we speak... all you have to do it pull it out one time and they know after that

EAXCTLY! dude, that's where my shotty is too, in the closet by the door! The sound of cocking the shot gun too will have people running for the hills, major intimidation factor! But of course if for some reason the shotty fails me, the .40 cal Glock is not too far away... John Woo style! :D

Max

01-02-2008, 12:47 PM
If my 400ex ever got stolen and I found who did it I would probally be sitting in jail because I think I would have to kill them. I cant imagine whats thats gotta be like to have your quad stolen.

maxfior
01-02-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by 94F450SD
my friends stopped a cop that was going by.im waiting for the court date.i told the cop i wanted them locked up and yes i want to press charges cuz somebody is paying to get it back to its original state.im gonna make them pay for all new plastics and headlight.they are all scratched to hell now.

Good for you dude, I hope those little punks pay! Keep us posted, I mean, where the hell are the parents, if I pulled a stunt like that my dad would beat my *** good, heck, I wouldn't even think to do stuff like that since I knew what the consequences would be... But that's the problem with kids today, they know that they can't be touched, the minute mom and dad give them a little punishment or a slap, the kids cry wolf and the cops lock up the parents... Oh well... Keep us posted though!

Max

01-02-2008, 12:53 PM
make them pay for what they did if not burn their freakin house down j/k cause then your in jail not them. I have insurance on my 400ex just incase such a thing would happen because 4 wheelers are commonly stolen where I live because everybody rides them.

maxfior
01-02-2008, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
make them pay for what they did if not burn their freakin house down j/k cause then your in jail not them. I have insurance on my 400ex just incase such a thing would happen because 4 wheelers are commonly stolen where I live because everybody rides them.

Fire and Theft... :) Insurace (depending on where you live) shouldn't be that expensive. There are a number of places that you might want to look into if you get a new quad (so good call FoxHondaRider).

Max

Honda4lyphe
01-02-2008, 03:33 PM
I went online to honda's site, their trade in value for my bike is $2250 stock (assuming its in like new condition and looks good, no problems at all etc) and thats without the extra goodies i got on it. I highly doubt it though..

Honda4lyphe
01-02-2008, 03:34 PM
I went online to honda's site, their trade in value for my bike is $2250 stock (assuming its in like new condition and looks good, no problems at all etc) and thats without the extra goodies i got on it. I highly doubt it though..

Sorry that your bike got stolen, i know what you mean by wanting to get rid of it. Just dont let them get away with it!

01-02-2008, 03:38 PM
yeah that number is way too low IMO. 2004 in nice condition could easily sell for $3,000

oleboy87
01-02-2008, 03:42 PM
around here i would say that an 04 goes for about 3500 depending upon the shape its in.. but i wish the best for you.. i know i would be screwed if mine was stolen because i dont have the title from when i bought it... the guy "lost it" but he bought it brand new in 2002

01-02-2008, 03:47 PM
yeah i bought my 2004 in late january of 2007 for $4,000 and it looked amazing. It didnt look like it had been ridden everything was spotless and it had a few goodies on it.