PDA

View Full Version : Heel Guards

DReese
11-12-2002, 07:20 AM
I have a TRX250R that I want to put Heel Guards on, but I "Do Not" want Nerfs, do to the trails I ride. Anyway, I was wondering if the 400EX Heel Guards could be made to fit? Or does anyone know of any aluminum one's I can get, without the need to mount to nerfs? Heard Yamaha Banshee heel guards might work, what's your opinion?
After seeing my buddy's knee after being caught by the rear tire, I definately want some protection!
Thanks.
Don.

AtvRider02
11-12-2002, 07:22 PM
Why would nerfs be bad on trails? Thats all I ride, and I was wanting them for when I get a quad. Please explain yourself, I may have second thoughts.

DReese
11-12-2002, 07:37 PM
I ride "Strickly" Trails, & I know you are NEVER to put your foot down, as to the damage the rear tire can do to it, however, I find numerous times, I have had to use the ground to keep from going off embankments, pushing it off a rock/stump, etc: Also nerfs are in the way when unloading due to the need to push it off backwards, remember....this is just MY Opinion!
I ride with (2) different ATV Clubs here in the Colorado Rockies & as far as I know, no one uses them, they were designed for racing, and to keep another contenders tires from entering that area.
Again........Just my 2 cents worth!
As with anything, some swear by them, some swear at them!

AtvRider02
11-12-2002, 07:41 PM
I ride "Strickly" trails also (besides some pavement). :D. You are right, but I have rode a quad with them, and i kinda like em. I will have to decide. Thanks for your opinion

Live2Ride300
11-12-2002, 08:50 PM
I had nerfs on my last quad, and they saved my feet from being knocked off the pegs from sticks and crap flyling up, they will also catch ur feet if u happen to slip of the pegs while jumping or something like that. Personally, I love nerfs, and plan on getting some AC's for my 300 pretty soon, after I get tires.

cheetah
11-12-2002, 10:08 PM
I just got my new rocky mountain catalog today and there were some aluminum there. Search www.rockymountainatv.com for "heel guards" and see if anything comes up. It says it's a new item so I don't know if it will be on their site yet and I don't remember if they made them for an R or not, I just remember them being made for a 400ex.

PS: They were made by Aero Tech

Honda2003
11-13-2002, 06:27 PM
cheetah5431 yea i seen them. i want to get a set but will they work with the AC nerfs that i want to get also?

cheetah
11-14-2002, 01:55 PM
I don't really know. I'm going to guess that they would, might need a little cutting though. I may give it a try later when I get my graydons.