PDA

View Full Version : Frames ??

XXX -rider
01-02-2008, 08:51 AM
how do the Apex (mx pro) frames do for MX ?
was wondering if the frames need any additional gusseting for MX if so where ? ..anyone ever hear about them breaking ?
got 1 of ours torn down so while its apart I wanted to know about this...any help is appreciated

markvette
01-02-2008, 09:14 AM
the apex frames i have seen are all gusseted in all the right places from the factory. with an agressive rider there is always a chance of cracking or breaking a frame. these things are not really built for what we are putting them through

Mark

XXX -rider
01-02-2008, 09:29 AM
yeah I see the factory gussets they seem well placed & look sturdy ...but while ours is apart I thought would ask

cheatermtrsprts
01-25-2008, 04:58 PM
You might want to put something around the horizontal bar where the rear of the engine mounts, re-weld where the swingarm bolt goes through, and if you use bolt on nerfs, reweld the mounting points at the frame or use gussetts. We have been running apex's since the early 06 models came out and we have broken a few. Actually still have some that we race. Just my personal experiences here. Also gussett the usuall places that the factory didn't cover.