PDA

View Full Version : 250R ignition lighting help

busted
01-02-2008, 01:28 AM
I have a question about the CR ignition. I am running the 01 CR ignition that I got through ESR. It definitely makes the bike snappier and run better but I go to the Little Sahara in OK quite a bit and I love night riding. I was just poking around the web and I came across the service honda site agian and they say they put the 01 CR motor in the 400 ex frame. The specs say they use the Solid 3-D map with electronic advance, looks like the stock system. It also says that for $160 they will install a lighting coil and wire up lights. Does anyone know if they are just running the stock ignition or what they are doing to give it light?

Thanks in advance
Jake

trailwart
01-02-2008, 01:44 PM
years ago i used to see adds for the cr250 dirtbike lighting coils and run accross them now also. from my understanding when we run the cr ignition on our 250r's that there is some kind of clearance issue that wont allow us to use that lighting coil/system. i have the 01 ignition on my quad, but from all the reading ive done is that if i want lights i need to switch back. cr ignition on a 250r = no lights the last time i knew.

busted
01-02-2008, 04:22 PM
After I posted this last night I did a little more digging. I clicked on the customization page for the service honda R. On that page it gives a part number (M688-10-11) as what will be installed. This looks to be a moose replacement stator and I found a site that has them that states it fits under the flywheel with no mods. I haven't found any more then that but hope this helps anyone else if they were curious.

Jake

C-LEIGH RACING
01-04-2008, 10:03 AM
Awhile back, Service Honda had an ignition system with lighting coils for the CR500 listed on the front page but been awhile sence I been on the site.
Looking at the ignitions, looks like the 250 & 500 are the same but I would think at least the CDI box would have to be different.

Another company called Electricx has a stator with lighting coils, found that in Western Power Sports catolog.
Neil