PDA

View Full Version : G-Force axle lock nut??

YZ400EX
01-01-2008, 10:18 PM
I am going to be putting a G-Force axle on my 450R. RMatv says that only the stock locknut will work.. I have a hard time believing this, but maybe its true.. What I want to know is who (if anyone) has used this axle with an aftermarket locknut?? If so what kind?? I need a "for sure, this will work" answer on this.. Thanks!!:D

d3ktrix
01-01-2008, 10:28 PM
The gforce axle for the 450r is the same as any other 450r after market axle. You can still use your LSR/modquad/Rad and what ever else brand lock nuts.

I used a mod quad on mine for a while.

bloodmoney23
01-01-2008, 10:51 PM
like d3 said, any 450r axle has to be to the same spec when it comes to hardware. Therefore any locknut will fit any axle. Just think of it this way, you can put a LSR locknut on a stock axle and you can put a stock locknut on a LSR Axle.

d3ktrix
01-01-2008, 11:00 PM
The only case this isn't true is with some durablue axles. I think they use a special lock nut on some of their axles. Not sure if its true, but I've herd it :P

YZ400EX
01-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Well the thing is RMatv sells the axle and different models of locknut yet they told me that none of the ones they offered would work with this axle.. I mean they are in the business to make money so why would they tell me none of the locknuts would work when in fact they will??