PDA

View Full Version : grips

tman12345
01-01-2008, 05:56 PM
i bought a new set of grips to put on my 400ex and did not realize they were for twist throttles. will they still be able to go on my handlebars. they are these ones.

maxfior
01-01-2008, 06:02 PM
That is a VERY good question. What were the sizes, if memory serves is 7/8's the bar size? I think you might still be okay...

Max

gncc025
01-01-2008, 06:07 PM
not sure about the size but those big flanges around the end are prolly gonna have to go. the one on the throttle side will prolly get in the way of it going back and forth.

440challenger
01-01-2008, 06:15 PM
all grip sizes are the same wether you have 7/8 or 1 1/8 oversized bars. You can just wrap a few layers of electrical tape on the throttle side grip to take up the extra bit of slack.

I always use dirtbike grips on my quads because i like the built in donuts. I just clearence the throttle side donut with a razor blade to clear the thumb throttle

oleboy87
01-01-2008, 11:50 PM
yea i did that too but all i did is on the side where the throttle is i cut the donut off on that one and i used a strong a** super glue like you cant get this stuff at the stores i get it from work (thats how strong it is) and put alot of it on the bars then slid the grip on and held it in place for a min till it dried.. this grip will never come off even though it is way bigger than it is supposed to be

inverted
01-02-2008, 05:24 PM
I just did 440 Challengers method and it worked great. I just installed a Roll Design steering stem and some Tag T2 bars, and had some Progrip's laying around. They were both throttle sides, as my uncle bought two pair to use the other side ends on his Roll Design Lobo.

Anyways, I just wrapped the bars with electrical tape 5 times and worked their way on. It was a tight fit (possibly because of how many times I wrapped the tape) , but they aren't coming off and I'm a happy rider. :)

tman12345
01-03-2008, 03:12 PM
i just put them on today, wrapped the bars in tape and put them on. seems to have worked good. need to wait for the glue to dry to make sure they are snug.