PDA

View Full Version : Northern ohio riding????

Fenix169motox
01-01-2008, 05:08 PM
does anyone know where there's a good place to ride in northern ohio??????? Norwalk/Sanduskey/Mansfield area?? my quads been sitting for a good 2 months now and i FEEL THE NEED, THE NEED FOR SPEEEED :)

lemme know!

leasureryan
01-02-2008, 12:51 PM
I live in Ohio, And am just getting into the sport. Let me know if you know of some good areas to ride in central Ohio. I have no idea, but wanna tear some **** up!....lol

300exOH
01-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Bear creek and Elson street park are in Canton. check out ohio mafia riders website for much more info on riding spots around ohio. There are also some mx parks around but I'm not sure how many are open this time of year. I'm thinking elson and bear creek are closed too but I'm not sure.

GoHardOrGoHome
01-07-2008, 07:16 PM
take the 45 minute drive down to Wellsville ohio and ride the "pits" at yellow creek....over 200 acres of hills,mud and good times all for free

glwitmer
01-14-2008, 05:49 PM
Sorry man I don't really know any public places in those areas but i live in ashland just east of mansfield and me and the guys are always looking for guys to ride with we should ride sometime

mxraptor149
01-16-2008, 04:54 PM
Elson should be open right now for trail riding. A little further down the road is Outlaw Extreme, Malvern MX and Battlesburg. Outlaw is an mx/xc track but is probably not open this time of year. Malvern is currently closed. Battlesburg is MX only and likely closed as well.

Crow Canyon has a nice MX track, but it is closed in the winter. The trails, however, are open year-round.
www.crowcanyonmx.com

For indoor mx tracks you have NEMX and Ram Jam to choose from. There is also one more day of open practice at the Summit County fairgrounds in February for the CRA Summit Indoor mx series.

j28d
01-17-2008, 02:06 PM
Elson st is getting muddy and rutted, I rode there Saturday. Check out wellsville if you like hills and trails, it's closer to 3600 acres of trails if you ride everywhere there. Crows canyon is pretty cool but they don't really have any good hill climbs-they do have a mx track.

glwitmer
01-17-2008, 05:39 PM
wat of Wellsville though I keep hearing rumors that they are closing the place and I have been afraid to make the drive if any of that is true

mxraptor149
01-18-2008, 06:27 AM
The property owners at Wellsville have been trying to close it for years, but the battle has gotten more heated in recent years as a result of a few deaths.
I have friends who go down there jeeping periodically (about 2-4 times a year) and don't have any trouble, but they always go on cold, off weekends when there aren't a bunch of parties going on that will attract attention. Plus, they know the back ways into the property and where to go to a void drawing attention to themselves.
If you go, it's completely at your own risk of being fined and/or arrested with your vehicle potentially confiscated.
If you ask me, it's not worth it. I haven't gone riding there in about four or five years. There are better, legal places to ride.

glwitmer
01-22-2008, 04:29 PM
heck yea thanks for the update i think we will stick to some of of our others spots

yoshz400rider
01-25-2008, 10:57 AM
You can always try a race there is one this weekend in salem Ohio.

Slapasack
03-17-2008, 06:48 PM
i was just at wellsville last summer and there was a ton of people riding quads, jeeps, and rail buggys so i dont think you have to worry about getting fined or anything like that. i know all my friends are planning on going there soon when it gets a little warmer but ya its one of the better places to ride i think.