PDA

View Full Version : 440exme-response, mailbox full

YZROOSTINYA
11-12-2002, 06:08 AM
your mailbox is full

**** man, that sucks. i have nothing but great experiances with those guys. i talked with tony there and he was nothing but helpful. the stage 2(desert/mx cam) with my 416 JE really made a huge diff with my motor. maybe because your using a 440. your kinda mismatched there? wouldn't you want a more all-around or low end cam with such a large/heavy piston for more low. kinda cancelling yourself out with a rev cam and a torque piston? I dont have experiance with the 440 so i dont know what can actually be done. my cam pulls ALOT harder than my buds stock bore high comp piston white brothers all around cam. good luck man and hope things work out for you!! i din't loose any low but know my top end is really nice

440EX4me wrote on 11-11-2002 09:28 PM:
Hey whats up,

Glad you asked this since I want to ***** out hot cams/pivot works all I can. I do have the stage1 but it ended up being so close to the advertized sizes of the stage2 its a toss up.

First off the problem is they are a bunch of cheap arse liars and didnt produce the cam profiles to the advertized spec. I only have proof of this on their stage1 but wouldnt be suprized if they made what they call a small mistake on the stage2 either.

In fairness Hotcams/pivot works did try to fill a nice sized void in the cam market for atv's (by not having a core charge or requiring hd springs or new rockers etc) but in trying to make a hugh profit made a few mistakes and the problem is they wont own up to these problems.

My exact problem is that the stage2 was advertized with much more lift than the stage1 with less duration. This is what I was after (I wanted a good bottom end torque XC set up) as a hold over till I did the other head work to accept the web 479 which is a much more agressive cam with tons more lift.

What I got was a bs cam with the same lift as the stage2 but with just slightly more duration than an xr cam. So now though its way better than stock I have a cam thats not good for either top or bottom end :grr

I will also add that though I only had a few rides on it (about 8) it didnt show any evidence of problems when recently removed except that there may be a little more wear than expected.

Sorry for the novel but I am still pissed at these bums.

YZROOSTINYA wrote on 11-11-2002 06:19 AM:
why do you not like the hotcam, what stage do you have.

I love my 416 stage 2, just curious