View Full Version : ltr450

cameront400
01-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Hey guys, i had a 400ex and it got stolen. so our home owner's insurance is goin to pay for it....so i cant decide on whether to get a trx450r or a ltr450.....i really want the ltr but from the way people talk....they've been having a pretty good bit of problem's with them.... so idk which one i want now... help me out please

tanner 222
01-01-2008, 04:23 PM
it really all depends on what kind of riding you do. if you do lots of trails then maybe you'd like the honda a bit better. if you do a lot of track riding or lots of fast open roads or pits then you might like the LTR. both bikes are fairly good its just all in what you want it for.

DEVINF450R
01-01-2008, 04:25 PM
no problems really... kinks that have been worked out and have easy fixes. change oil and filter your gas and you will be ok

cameront400
01-01-2008, 04:28 PM
well around where i live....its mostly roads....and we go up to durhamtown plantation a pretty good bit..my brother had a 450r and it got stolen also.my neice had a raptor 50 and the thieves got it to....but i like'd my brother's 450r....it was really fast..i havent had a chance to ride a ltr...but im sure its pretty fast also.....i just cant decide on which one i want

quadmonkey
01-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by cameront400
well around where i live....its mostly roads....and we go up to durhamtown plantation a pretty good bit..my brother had a 450r and it got stolen also.my neice had a raptor 50 and the thieves got it to....but i like'd my brother's 450r....it was really fast..i havent had a chance to ride a ltr...but im sure its pretty fast also.....i just cant decide on which one i want

Durhamtown only has 2 or 3 atv trails that the LTR won't fit thru. I would say you could go with either, both are good machines and all machines will have their problems. If you prefer riding roads and tracks I would say the LTR would be good for you, but if you like to find the tighter trails, I would probably get the Honda unless you want to spend $$ to narrow up the LTR.

Also, where in GA are all of these machines getting stolen from? I also live in GA and was wondering if this is happening close to my area.

tanner 222
01-01-2008, 04:43 PM
both of them have great power so no matter which one you get you wont be disappointed with the power (well you shouldnt be). if i were you just go to local dealers and try them both out then you should know which one you like

cameront400
01-01-2008, 07:19 PM
i live like 40 miles out of savannah in a lil town called guyton....so around there is where there gettin stolen from..i talked to a cop and he said over the christmas holiday's...11 fourwheelers got stolen....

B.Murphy73
01-01-2008, 07:19 PM
I didnt think that home insurance would cover and atv.My insurance company said they cant do that anymore.What company are u useing?

cameront400
01-01-2008, 08:50 PM
liberty mutual...or sumthin.....im not really sure but its sumthin like that..im 15 so i dont really keep up with that but my mom has already talked to them bout it and their goin to cover it

TheNewn
01-01-2008, 09:33 PM
Personally i'd just sit on both quads and see which one felt more comfortable to me. Are you buying used? If yes, find the best deal you can and go with that. If new, im sure you could find a good deal on a left over 450R model, they haven't been improved since 06 so you're good to get a left over. The LTR has been upgraded a lot for the new year.

cameront400
01-02-2008, 09:32 AM
im gettin a used one.... the trx's r cheaper but i just like the ltr.... i know where one is rite now that has only been riden twice for 4800....i have to talk to my mom