PDA

View Full Version : Whats my long travel options?

humboldt hills
01-01-2008, 11:05 AM
we are going with long travel for 2008.
Here are a few questions;

First, who all makes them, and what are your pros and cons?
Next;
We are running GNCCS, are they all going to be real wide?Like 44"plus or can you get narrower models?
What kind of modifications are needed when installing?
Thanks in advance for your time.

quad1rider
01-01-2008, 11:57 AM
This is a huge topic : DC motorsports first of all for the maker ... but not knowing the brand its hard to say.... DRR LT's are in the 850 bone range etons ...bolt ons are around 400-600 bones all around 40-44 inch range

on the wider issue you have better suspension and it seems to stay out of the bike ruts unlike smaller wheel base quads
for gncc this would put you near the width of larger quads... but you will need the underneath clearance or you better have skid plates. I was told you do lose turning in the corners with the wider base/vs/thinner base I go with the saftey issue and the wider helps prevent rollover and at my boys speed it was needed.

mods : this is a personal thing i would not personally weld on anything nor would I try and adapt to something not specific to that quad... DRR has custom made replacements and eton bolts ons have worked fine for many riders I know I just would never try fabing something to make it work...

i could go on but that should do/anyone else???

riding4fun
01-01-2008, 12:13 PM
We have the DC long travel and really like them.

The only con could be the extra price.

Do you have a 41" or 44" wide now. No mods to install. If it is the 41" the only thing that needs changed is the front brake lines. Although they will fit I don't recommend it. I am changing mine over to the longer set from the 44" models.

Since you are asking there is also atvfourplay. I don't know anything about them but there is a thread in the forum.

humboldt hills
01-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Sorry, should have been more clear;
we are a DRR dealer, so it is definately a DRR!!!
It is an 08 90WC
My son is 9 and raced his 07 drr90 last year and took 1st in 2 local series. We do XC and harescrambles and really don't need the long travel, but I have spent so much time, doing everything I read about on here, to this quad I hate to put the stock arms on it. and would love to add ground clearance.
This is my first custom build. I have gussetted everything, got the new swinger, anything and everything powdercoated, XFR nerfs, soon to have elkas once we figure out what we are doing for a arms, Pro wheel rolled alum wheels, the list goes on and on.

HIs last 90 was 44" wide stock and we swaped arms and axel to get it to 41".

I new about the DC and the atvfourplay supplying them but didn't know much about them, I was hoping to read some good reports about them or any others.
Idid a search on the subject and found some hit and mis info, but no real solid info.

Once I get some pics I will post on another thread.
Thanks all
JAy

etondaddy
01-01-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by humboldt hills
we are going with long travel for 2008.
Here are a few questions;

First, who all makes them, and what are your pros and cons?
Next;
We are running GNCCS, are they all going to be real wide?Like 44"plus or can you get narrower models?
What kind of modifications are needed when installing?
Thanks in advance for your time.

Check your pm's

forgiven
01-02-2008, 08:11 AM
I would love to hear someone talk about the ATV4Play's. I like the talk circulating but would like to hear some ride reports.

etondaddy
01-02-2008, 08:28 AM
I’m sure there OK for recreational use but I’ve seen what D5 kids can do to mini quads I’m getting DC stuff

Mike Kozura

QuadJunkies
01-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Zbroz racing will also be offering a full suspention set up for the minis that will have excellent ground clearance. I will have a release date for you in the next couple weeks,Ride report will soon follow .
Theres a couple kids I know that will be running this set up within the next month or so.

kenjolly
01-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Dc would be my choice and is.

I never got anykind of repley from atv4play, i want to test it and compare them.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/kenjolly/DSC00155.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/kenjolly/DSC00020.jpg

Logan #34's Dad
01-03-2008, 12:20 AM
First Off - Ken that thing is too pretty to get muddy! LOL
Second - I know Tom personally from ATVFourplay and he is a great man. He has proven himself in the big quad market. The A-arms he has come up with are for his son's quad so I guarantee they are safe and effective. He has some very intelligent people working for him that know how to use the math to make them work right.
A friend's son test rode Tom's son DRR and tried to kill the front end by coming up short on a jump and according to Dad the rider got faster and faster once he realised the front would absorb the impact of hitting the face of the jump.
I just wish I did not already have a fortune in my Elka's or I'd make the switch.
I don't think the DC A-Arm would be good for GNCC do to the ground clearance issue. There is alot of A-arm running vertically that could get caught up those deep ruts. IMHO.
I'd like to see ATVFOURplay make a set like his big quad "MGC" (Maximum Ground Clearance) A-arms for our mini's with stock length shocks.

humboldt hills
01-03-2008, 05:03 AM
How wide will the drr be with the atvfourplay a-arms on it?

kenjolly
01-03-2008, 07:11 AM
I have another 70 for practice and would like to try the fourplay a-arms and the steering stem.

I wasnt saying anything bad about it at all,just i havent used it I but have herd good things about it.

This is far from the worst but, I do let him take it on the track when its nice and dry and sunny no mud. hahahah

Stay warm, Ken
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/kenjolly/DSC00012.jpg

etondaddy
01-03-2008, 07:28 AM
Hey Ken are those Flexx bars Mini low, 29", 12 degree. That's what I'm being told I need for kyle's new Honda.

Mike Kozura

kenjolly
01-03-2008, 07:43 AM
I think so mark at hot quads would no for sure, i have them set back with those risers to get some wieght transfer to the rear. seems to keep his skinny but from nose divinf so much plus staying on the gas.
here is a better side shot

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/kenjolly/DSC00019-1.jpg

etondaddy
01-03-2008, 08:00 AM
Are those the risers that you have to buy because of the big pipe on the Flexx bars or are they something you had made... either way I want them they look real nice.

Mike

forgiven
01-03-2008, 09:32 AM
I thought you had to lose the battery box with that metrakit pipe. It looks like your box is still in tact. Is that an optical illusion?

kenjolly
01-03-2008, 02:50 PM
It fit without cutting anythin,other than the silencer.

anyone looking for a 07 70cc with a little porting tires and wheels nerf bars fly bars oring chain rebal sprockets.

forgiven
01-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Did you try the metrakit with and without the pro pipe just to see the difference over the stock?

kenjolly
01-03-2008, 03:31 PM
no i didnt ,but im sure the stock pipe is way to small and constricting for the high rpm's of the MK.

bulldogfallon
01-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by forgiven
Did you try the metrakit with and without the pro pipe just to see the difference over the stock?

I believe it is a 2-3HP difference w/o the pipe...

There was a write up done that compared the results with and without the use of the pipe.

I just rec'd a couple MK kits today....Can't seem to keep them in stock for too long :)

jread14
01-12-2008, 06:34 PM
The ATV Four Play LT front end works great... There is no comparison when putting it up against the stock front end. I saw it first hand today and was mad at myself for not putting my sons on before we went a rode today. It seriously looks like the bike is floating on a cloud as it flys through the rougher sections of the track. I will post some pics when I get a chance. JR

jjd223
01-13-2008, 06:06 AM
ALL of the DC suspension parts are TOP quality materials and craftsmanship. his reputation speaks for itself.

etondaddy
01-13-2008, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by jjd223
ALL of the DC suspension parts are TOP quality materials and craftsmanship. his reputation speaks for itself.
I agree with you there last year we ran Dave’s front end on a E-Ton and this year we went Honda called Dave and he said I was thinking about starting to build Honda stuff sent me the frame. I should be getting it back next week I”ll be posting pics .

Mike Kozura

jjd223
01-13-2008, 09:02 AM
Mike,
You definatly will not be dissapointed

i asked Dave about a Polaris Outlaw 90 long travel suspension and he did not flinch. I sent him the frame and he built a set of extended long travel dual a-arms a roundhouse swingarm and antivibe steering stem. When i recieved the new parts i was not dissapointed. like i said before, the craftsmanship is top of the line. Dave is also a great guy to deal with he takes care of your bike like it was one of his own boys bikes.

Joe