PDA

View Full Version : setting suspension

t29sab
01-01-2008, 09:09 AM
Dec 30 2007, 01:13 PM Post #1

Stock

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,222

i have read the article posted about rider sag but i dont know how to find a percentage of 30 in the number i have got, after all the tests on free and rider sag( yep i am thick ) IVE got on the front a total of 40mm FREE SAG and on the rear ive got 30 mm of FREE SAG . My rider sag is BASICALLY when i sit on the bike the REAR has gone done a totall of 100mm and the FRONT has gone down a total of 60 mm these are my results now from here i dont know what to do, can any one tell me if these measurements are ok or if my preload needs to be slackened off or tightend up as for the rest i am comfortable with the rest compresion and rebound i really need to sort this out as the other day i was on a rough mx track due to the weather and it was unbearably rough after 30 mins i was knackered and went home . My bike k7 ltr 450 all stock settings i ride with 5 psi in the rear and front the bike is rough and bottoms out big time but to start i want to make sure my rider sag is correct to start with . Oh my weight is 250 lb (16 stone) with gear on and only ride mx with stock wheels thanks steve---------- ps im a fat twat

jherbie28
01-01-2008, 02:36 PM
you better be carefull running that low of a tire pressure in those tires, you will tear them right off the bead.

t29sab
01-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by jherbie28
you better be carefull running that low of a tire pressure in those tires, you will tear them right off the bead. thanks for your reply is that low tyre pressure because they are stock tyres or is it low for any tyre what would you recomend on tyre pressure i run mx tracks some rough some smooth thanks

DEVINF450R
01-02-2008, 10:38 AM
I run 9lbs up front and 7 in the rear.....190lbs with gear is my weight

jherbie28
01-02-2008, 02:28 PM
thats just a little low on the rear for the wheels being stock and not beadlocks. i run 11 front 7 rear with kenda klaws, itp beadlock wheels

05Z400rdr
01-02-2008, 03:00 PM
I think I'm running 15 in the front and 10 in the rear.

Landon

jherbie28
01-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by 05Z400rdr
I think I'm running 15 in the front and 10 in the rear.

Landon

landon is your rear hard? bouncy like? also is your rear a i-shock revalve too?

05Z400rdr
01-02-2008, 06:51 PM
No, the rear is fine. When I was told to put that much pressure in the front and rears, I thought they'd be real bouncy. When you have too little pressure in your rear and go around a berm railing it really hard, your tire actually kind of like "folds upwards" in the center of the tire, which in return is making you not gain as much traction as you could. I don't know if that makes sense or not, it's hard to explain. Randy's dad actually told me to do that as a minumum; he said he does that in Randy's bikes. I also used to get flats a lottt, and running that much pressure is helping a lot to keep from getting flats, especially in the side wall.

The iShock rebuilds are actually really good compared to stock. I have never had any aftermarket shocks or anything, but compared to the stock ltr shocks, they are awesome! But for somebody coming off good shocks (like you on your kfx with PEP's), you probably wouldn't be impressed at all with them. If that makes sense too... lol

All my stuff is supposed to be in Friday, so if it is, I'll probably get most of my quad done this coming weekend! :D

DEVINF450R
01-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by jherbie28
landon is your rear hard? bouncy like? also is your rear a i-shock revalve too?

SOUNDS KINDA LIKE A PERSONALQUESTION TO ME LOL..J/K

Asfor the air pressure I like lower on loamy tracks and higher on hardpack tracks and indoor. if you have too much air in your front tires they push in turns and you lose braking ability. Oh I run the dual rear Hiper beadlocks so the rear pressure is not much of an issue

jherbie28
01-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by 05Z400rdr
No, the rear is fine. When I was told to put that much pressure in the front and rears, I thought they'd be real bouncy. When you have too little pressure in your rear and go around a berm railing it really hard, your tire actually kind of like "folds upwards" in the center of the tire, which in return is making you not gain as much traction as you could. I don't know if that makes sense or not, it's hard to explain. Randy's dad actually told me to do that as a minumum; he said he does that in Randy's bikes. I also used to get flats a lottt, and running that much pressure is helping a lot to keep from getting flats, especially in the side wall.

The iShock rebuilds are actually really good compared to stock. I have never had any aftermarket shocks or anything, but compared to the stock ltr shocks, they are awesome! But for somebody coming off good shocks (like you on your kfx with PEP's), you probably wouldn't be impressed at all with them. If that makes sense too... lol

All my stuff is supposed to be in Friday, so if it is, I'll probably get most of my quad done this coming weekend! :D

awsome man, ill be running the floats dsc aswell those pep are gone , sold to a guy in spain:eek2: crazy... i still have the frame, motor, and front end let me know if you know anybody that needs something. those peps saved michelles life alot comming down on the face of doubles with the front end REAL low. thanks god for good shocks. oh and i new someone would say somthing about your rear being so bouncy:p good luck brother, frame should be done this weekend and other green parts.

01-03-2008, 11:52 PM
on my 400ex i run 5psi in the front and the rear. I need good traction but I also only weigh 145lbs so its not a whole lot o force on anything