PDA

View Full Version : Anybody own on of these?

2K1 300EX
11-12-2002, 12:28 AM
Anybody own or ever owned a Pontiac Fiero? Just wondering if anybody else has one of these sorta rare or scarce mid-engine sport cars since they were only made for 4 years.

danney f
11-12-2002, 01:19 AM
Be carefull the engines catch on fire easy.

exriderdude
11-12-2002, 12:05 PM
hmm, i dunno, let me go check the garage.....

....nope:D

96300ex
11-12-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by danney f

that's fixed real easy, pull some sound insulation out of the right spot and you're done...

i want a feiro with an LT1, i saw one at a show once.... guy said he had to pull all the suspention out and put it in from the bottom to get it to fit. one word: DAMN!

QuadTrix6
11-12-2002, 12:57 PM
None of those round these parts :eek:

96300ex
11-12-2002, 01:05 PM
it's really more of a brother car.... see lots of them in bowie and DC.

bigbadbrad
11-12-2002, 03:01 PM
my uncle used to have one of those they are pretty sweet

oldnumberseven
11-12-2002, 03:04 PM
There is a guy around the way from me that has about 15 of them. He owns a shop that specializes in them.

Blysster
11-12-2002, 03:58 PM
This is one of my uncle's. The fiero transmision must be used but the LT1 does fit in it with a special kit and a few modifications. That will be his winter project...

do a search on the internet for fieros with lamborgini\ferrari kits.. they look insane!

XANDADA
11-12-2002, 04:14 PM
I had a black '86 GT that had a V-8 conversion kit - talk about a go-kart! Kind of wish I would have kept that old POS, it was fun to drive. It was my uncle's car, he used to race it. Sold it to me when he got transferred overseas and didn't want to take it with him. Man I got a lot of speeding tickets in that thing - three in one week! I used to take it out to a place called Mid-Ohio all the time.

derekhonda
11-12-2002, 04:20 PM
my neighbore has one it needs repainted

2K1 300EX
11-13-2002, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by danney f

That was only a certain year.

Mine is a '86 GT. Quick little car for it to only have a 2.8 liter. I've heard of people putting v8 inthem adn have seen a few but never a Lt1. I rebuilt my tranny 2 years ago and it was a *****, you have to unbolt part of the frame that is on a hinge and jack the motor up then you have a few inches to work with to get it out. I'll post a pic of my car tomorrow.

RiPPiNiTuP7
11-13-2002, 04:30 AM
Aren't the bodies on those cars fiberglass? I wouldn't like the idea of driving that :eek:

Guy400
11-13-2002, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7
Aren't the bodies on those cars fiberglass? I wouldn't like the idea of driving that :eek: No, it's plastic. When I worked at a body shop we had several of these come in and if you remove the bumper strip around the car some of the plastic panels are attached with pop rivots:huh

I'd take a car with a fiberglass body--->how about any Corvette?

XANDADA
11-13-2002, 07:39 AM
The lower body skirts, doors and bumbers are plastic. The front hood is fiberglass and I think that the roof was fiberglass as well. The rear hood over the engine was fiberglass on mine but it was custom made so I don't know if those were origionally plastic too. Guy's right about the pop rivets too! I replaced some of the rocker panels on it myself and was a little dissappointed to find press fit rivets made of plastic holding it on. On second thought, maybe I don't miss that car all that much. It handled like a dream as long as you let off the throttle in the turns and used the brakes throughout the turn. The understeer on that thing is tremendous. The only weight over the front tires is YOU, a spare tire, the radiator and the air conditioner condenser.

Blysster
11-13-2002, 08:42 AM
They are great cars, in my opinion. There are only 2 bucket seats in them and the leg room is better than any other car I've been in. The front end will wheelie about 6-8 inches off the ground when you dump the clutch :D

Anyway here is a Fiero chassis with the lamborgini kit.

2K1 300EX
11-13-2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7
Aren't the bodies on those cars fiberglass? I wouldn't like the idea of driving that :eek:

The panels are a certain type of plastic but they are on an all steel drivable chassis.

Here's a pic of mine.