PDA

View Full Version : how much do u break mx racing?

honda4life72
12-31-2007, 06:42 PM
ok so right now i tt race , its ok but i would love to mx race. only problem being is my dad things will stay torn up mx racing . i'm a good rider(been riding sense i was 3) won many many tt races . so what is you input? how much have u broken mx racing?

honda4life72
12-31-2007, 07:09 PM
so noone mx races anymore? :D

wvspeedfreak
12-31-2007, 07:19 PM
Most people are probably out partying their asses off right now.They will respond tomorrow afternoon sometime :D What part of NC are you from?

wayfastwhitey69
12-31-2007, 08:07 PM
i snapped the stock carrir and ruined a few grab bars but thats from crashin, a few bumpers from creamin people, and just depends like if you crash or cream something

JJs450r
12-31-2007, 08:23 PM
mostly my wallet :) but im sure you know about that, frames, carriers, axles, tie rods, nerfbars, stems, bars, bumpers, grab bars, sure theres more that can go

BlaineKaiser450
12-31-2007, 09:04 PM
bumpers, tie rods (1st corner is hard on them), grab bars, my wallet, sometimes youll smash a pipe in if you r hit from behind. Mostly little stuff

85and93
12-31-2007, 09:42 PM
bumper, handlebars, axles

quad_racer_17
12-31-2007, 09:50 PM
YOUR FACE!!! if your cool

firefighterjosh
12-31-2007, 09:50 PM
TT is prabaly the easiest on your quad IMO.

When I watch MX I see alot of axles, frames break. But I think most the time its because they screw up a landing and land really hard

Barrymaxx
12-31-2007, 11:00 PM
1 day at the track was rough on my blaster. HEres the list.

1 tire
1 front rim
2 front shocks
Handlebars
Headlight
Nerfbar net
lower rod bearing

When i took my 400ex to the track, nothing broke.

JJs450r
01-01-2008, 07:14 AM
what part of nc whenever you start if you do theres a few cool little tracks down in the jville area

01-01-2008, 07:56 AM
All I ever broke was, rims(crappy non beadlocks), carriers, bent axles, steering stems and my motor.

One_Bad_400
01-01-2008, 10:05 AM
i used to race MX... but i kep tearing up myself and the bike... got expensive so i only race tt now and just practice and ride for fun on MX...

One_Bad_400
01-01-2008, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
TT is prabaly the easiest on your quad IMO.

When I watch MX I see alot of axles, frames break. But I think most the time its because they screw up a landing and land really hard

not always.. there are alot of bent tie rods, steering stems, nerf bars, wheels, handlebar, bumpers bent in TT... 2 yeas ago in Ohio i had a bad wreck about top 4th.. the only thing that was left on my bike was frame engine and plastic...

MX MaNiAc 06
01-01-2008, 10:47 AM
i have broken stuff on my quad that people say should never break. I have never even raced mx. I just ride.

5 sets of bars, pair of nerf bars, snapped a footpeg off, broke 4 grab bars, few bumpers, couple steering stems, bent a 250ex axle, snapped an RPM axle, bent a hub, wrecked so hard my battery got catapulted, subframe, broke welds on exhaust, blown out shocks, snapped a-arm, ripped seats, broken plastic, multiple clutch and brake levers, bent rims, blown out tires, burnt up 3 pistons, missing bolts all the time, femur, tibia, fibula!!!!!!! Im sure im missing plenty too.

honda4life72
01-01-2008, 12:32 PM
well in tt when u crash the quad is pretty beat , 80 mph-flip 15-16 times , yea its pretty done . i figured u would break axles and bend a arms and stuff but that was about it lol

01-01-2008, 12:47 PM
I still say TT is safer than MX. When you wreck in TT yeah it can be really bad because your going so fast but MX every jump is a risk. Really anything is a risk of breaking something

priebo15
01-01-2008, 01:02 PM
wrists :ermm:

01-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by priebo15
wrists :ermm:

yeah wrist are really easy to break unless you have a steering stablilzer and flexx bars. I broke my wrist. Trees dont move. MX you can come down hard and break a wrist or if you fall off and land on it.

priebo15
01-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
Trees dont move.

trees jump in front of me sometimes.. true story

BlaineKaiser450
01-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
i have broken stuff on my quad that people say should never break. I have never even raced mx. I just ride.

5 sets of bars, pair of nerf bars, snapped a footpeg off, broke 4 grab bars, few bumpers, couple steering stems, bent a 250ex axle, snapped an RPM axle, bent a hub, wrecked so hard my battery got catapulted, subframe, broke welds on exhaust, blown out shocks, snapped a-arm, ripped seats, broken plastic, multiple clutch and brake levers, bent rims, blown out tires, burnt up 3 pistons, missing bolts all the time, femur, tibia, fibula!!!!!!! Im sure im missing plenty too. damn! do you hit like 90 ft step downs to flat or something?!? How'd you break the RPM? those things are almost impossible to break from what ive seen.

eastside 400
01-01-2008, 06:44 PM
well this year was a decent year, not too much till the end, but in 07 i went through nerfs, frame, a-arm, tie rod ends, axle/hubs, complete motor(only things usable are the head and clutch, 2nd gear broke and took the cases and everything else out), stabilizer, some wheels, plastics, couple radiators, most of the brackets for everything, subframe, swingarm,pipe, seat, and i think thats about it, this year was a real good year except for the motor, didnt have a ton of breaks, racing MX is very expensive, just go into the weekend with an expensive outlook and it works out, i go to the races on the weekends figuring about a $100-200 fix but thats not including the oil or fuel or basic stuff, some weeks i came out good other times it was like 500 and now the motor which is gonna be 2400 or so. Its all part of the sport and adds to the determination it takes to stay with it, i cant afford to work on my mustang or hangout and do stuff with my friends but i wouldnt wanna do anything else, thats y i bought a 2nd bike.

MX MaNiAc 06
01-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
damn! do you hit like 90 ft step downs to flat or something?!? How'd you break the RPM? those things are almost impossible to break from what ive seen.

80' big air table. Landed at the bottom of the landing. It was very painful!

trick450r
01-01-2008, 07:24 PM
well in the last two years i have bought: 1 subframe, built 2 new motors, two bumpers, 1 grab bar, 2 sets of plastic, 5 axles, 2 bearing carriers, 1 steering stem, 1 set of bars, 1 seat cover...and before the last two years i just dont remember anymore haha...this is alot but i tend to just throw it all on the line right out of the gate so i tend to either do real well, crash, or blow the motor.

In the lower classes its not as bad but once you get to like A you have to beat the piss out of the quad just to keep up

firefighterjosh
01-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
not always.. there are alot of bent tie rods, steering stems, nerf bars, wheels, handlebar, bumpers bent in TT... 2 yeas ago in Ohio i had a bad wreck about top 4th.. the only thing that was left on my bike was frame engine and plastic...

That was cuz of a wreck though lol:p

trick450r
01-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
damn! do you hit like 90 ft step downs to flat or something?!? How'd you break the RPM? those things are almost impossible to break from what ive seen.

i've gone through 5 axcaliburs in 2 years.

eastside 400
01-01-2008, 07:32 PM
try Team axles, im not just saying this as a sponsored rider but these axles are great, went all year without it bending or anything, ive bent a couple LSR's so far and everytime i get them back they last one race before they are bent again and then the sprocket hubs were getting loose on the splines.

zukirules
01-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Everything from your plastic to your motor. All depends on the situation.

01-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by priebo15
trees jump in front of me sometimes.. true story

hey man i hear ya. my latest in the woods is deer. I swear they wait for me to be pegged in 3rd and jump out 10-15ft in front of me. It happened 3 weekends in a row i almost hit a deer on my quad. the deer runs off probally laughing as his buddies were sittin somewhere else watchin and laughing too damn deer

mx1791
01-02-2008, 12:17 AM
i didnt break much..

bent ST a arms, totaled 2 stock bumpers, broken hood, shattered axle carrier, blew out steering stabilizer, f'ed up front rim, messed up front brake caliper, snapped every rear fender tab/bracket

01-02-2008, 12:32 AM
yeah i broke the tabs and made a few small cracks around the brackets on my 400ex rear fenders. Dumbest bracket idea ever they snap so easy its stupid

mic 902
01-02-2008, 05:47 AM
Name a part on the 400EX, and I broke it. The 450 is 7 weeks old since its rebuild and it hasn't broken... yet.... :o I did twist the subframe in a crash but that was an easy fix. :D

The 400EX had a hard life. lol. It had to keep up with 450's on rough MX tracks. But it survived. :chinese:

Exrider434
01-02-2008, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
hey man i hear ya. my latest in the woods is deer. I swear they wait for me to be pegged in 3rd and jump out 10-15ft in front of me. It happened 3 weekends in a row i almost hit a deer on my quad. the deer runs off probally laughing as his buddies were sittin somewhere else watchin and laughing too damn deer

i know what you mean, lol i was in 4th around half throttle down the side of some rr tracks and a deer ran right in front of me and i clipped the back end of it and flipped over forward after i swerved, well i needed bars fron tplastic and a new tierod

440racer66
01-02-2008, 02:51 PM
haha frames on 400ex or liek butter they crack like crazy and the 450rs arent much better. haha yamaha has a good frame tho i ran a whole season on a gforce axel and didnt have a single problem out of it and i ride hard here is a pic of it in use

honda4life72
01-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by 440racer66
haha frames on 400ex or liek butter they crack like crazy and the 450rs arent much better. haha yamaha has a good frame tho i ran a whole season on a gforce axel and didnt have a single problem out of it and i ride hard here is a pic of it in use where in nc is that?

440racer66
01-02-2008, 05:41 PM
taylorsville up here we have some nice tracks this is one of the better ones its 110' long

honda4life72
01-02-2008, 05:56 PM
whats the name?

440racer66
01-02-2008, 07:18 PM
daniels ridge mx
http://www.danielsridgemx.com/
theres there web site they have races year round its a super fun track one of my favorites
look it up on
www.ncdirtrider.com
they get pics up there alot

Moto49X
01-02-2008, 09:37 PM
I also broke 3 RPM axles in about a 4 month period.

How much you break depends on how much your body and wallet can take, and how much you practice and race.

To race MX you need to practice to stay in shape, which takes gas money and maintenence. I've broke so much **** to the point its stupid. I also use to ride about 3 times a week and race 2 days a week. It racks up to be thousands and thousands per year.

Axles
Ball Joints
Frame Repairs
Steering Stems
Handlebars
Tie Rods
Blown shocks
Top End Rebuilds
Tires
Nerf Bars
Levers
Plastic
Bearings
Exhaust
Air Filters
Cables
Bumpers

However, it depends on the person. Some people will ride with a slightly tweaked part, or broken fender. Or some will go out and race without practicing, then get fatigue to the point their in pain. Me personally, if i break or bend a part i prefer to fix it right away. I also dont like to go out and have to let off the throttle because of arm pump, you need seat time!!!

On top of parts, you need to schedule in some down time for broken bones, and ER trips. We all like to think it wont happen, but it does.

MX MaNiAc 06
01-03-2008, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by Moto49X
I also broke 3 RPM axles in about a 4 month period.

How much you break depends on how much your body and wallet can take, and how much you practice and race.

To race MX you need to practice to stay in shape, which takes gas money and maintenence. I've broke so much **** to the point its stupid. I also use to ride about 3 times a week and race 2 days a week. It racks up to be thousands and thousands per year.

Axles
Ball Joints
Frame Repairs
Steering Stems
Handlebars
Tie Rods
Blown shocks
Top End Rebuilds
Tires
Nerf Bars
Levers
Plastic
Bearings
Exhaust
Air Filters
Cables
Bumpers

However, it depends on the person. Some people will ride with a slightly tweaked part, or broken fender. Or some will go out and race without practicing, then get fatigue to the point their in pain. Me personally, if i break or bend a part i prefer to fix it right away. I also dont like to go out and have to let off the throttle because of arm pump, you need seat time!!!

On top of parts, you need to schedule in some down time for broken bones, and ER trips. We all like to think it wont happen, but it does.

Aint it the truth...