PDA

View Full Version : Maier Plastics help......

bloodmoney23
12-31-2007, 01:26 PM
Hey guys me again. I wrote maier like a week ago and they still havent responded so im just going to see if any of you can help. I am almost ready to get my plastics on and my build should be done within a day or 2. (if i dont get to drunk tonight) Anyway, I cannot figure out for the life of me how the radiator shrouds mount to the fenders. No matter which way i turn the fender mounts and everything nothing matches up. is there a special bracket i need to buy or is it possible that they sent me wrong radiator shrouds for the fenders? If it keeps giving me problems im just going to go buy some lakers or full bore plastics. Any info will help and Happy New Years everyone...

d3ktrix
12-31-2007, 04:01 PM
To mount the fenders to the shrouds u need to use the fender bracket from the stock plastics. Is that what your using?

bloodmoney23
12-31-2007, 04:08 PM
yeah, but there is not a single way that I turn/flip/rotate the stock mounts that line up with anything. And i tried putting the shrouds on fenders as I was taking the old ones apart. So its not like i mixed all the brackets up or anything. There is just no way possible that they are matching up how they should. I could take pics tomorrow so you can see what I mean. But as of right now its time to go shower then get my drink on. Happy New Years bro. And thanks for the compliment on the bike.

Nick110
12-31-2007, 04:13 PM
You have to drill the holes for the rivits too. Mine were a pain to mount to. I guess just keep trying.

d3ktrix
12-31-2007, 04:21 PM
I just ran into my basement and set this up real fast with my new maiers.
Hope it helps.

mx1791
12-31-2007, 04:28 PM
bloodmoney, dont u have 1 piece front maiers?

d3ktrix
12-31-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by mx1791
bloodmoney, dont u have 1 piece front maiers?

-_- forgot about that

Have no idea how those are mounted :P
Didn't know they even used fender brackets.

bloodmoney23
12-31-2007, 04:41 PM
yeha they are the one piece......yes they use brackets to mount the shrouds to fenders.....ill put the pics in here tomorrow so you can see what i mean. I mean crap.....fenders aint sposed to be confusing!!!!!!! I can rip the entire bike apart, get it back together with no problems (other than a certain companies setback) and i cant even figure out a one piece plastic LOL!!!

mike nash
01-01-2008, 01:27 PM
That looks right.Make sure you put the washers on correctly and start bolt for the shroud first.You don't have to rivet the fenders but you could just be careful.I called Maier and it took 2 day's for someone to get back to me but when they did they were very helpful and considerate and apoogized for delay.

bloodmoney23
01-01-2008, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by mike nash
That looks right.Make sure you put the washers on correctly and start bolt for the shroud first.You don't have to rivet the fenders but you could just be careful.I called Maier and it took 2 day's for someone to get back to me but when they did they were very helpful and considerate and apoogized for delay.

those are d3ktrix's fenders, he was showing me how they go but forgot i had the one piece front plastics instead. i just woke up from a drunken stuper so I have to take the pic still.

mike nash
01-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Missed that part.Carry on.

4bidden
01-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Your best bet is to sell them before you mount them and get some Lakers. I've run Maier and they just do not fit good, look good, or last very long.

bloodmoney23
01-01-2008, 10:40 PM
Well i got them on......very confusing but....oh well. And yeah i think im going to run these this season and switch to Lakers or Full Bore next winter.