View Full Version : Fastest Quad

1-800-eat-sand
11-11-2002, 10:48 PM
i want this to be one smack talkin event
who has the fastest quad???

go to pg 3 for final question!!!!!!!!!!

1-800-eat-sand
11-11-2002, 10:57 PM
come on guys 416, 440, 465, 505????? what mods??? who's king???

loganB
11-11-2002, 11:05 PM
We dont like talking smack.

Evan
11-11-2002, 11:22 PM
ur gonna be surprised..... but my LT80 is the fastest around these parts...... see u at the drag strip

beerock
11-11-2002, 11:26 PM
naaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh duude my trx90 smokes all.

wheres beerookie, he'll tell ya about a quad he wish he had....;)

Chef
11-11-2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by X-Rider
ur gonna be surprised..... but my LT80 is the fastest around these parts...... see u at the drag strip

Yep, he sure spanks the pants off me at the strip! (That doesnt mean what it sounds like you dirty minded baboon!):p

But in reality, I would put my money on my R for the fastest single cylinder bike in this forum. Either my R or one of the custom sand drag R's that sandtrix builds. I said single cylinder because EXRacer8601 will have the fastest drag bike, hands down.

Evan
11-11-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by beerock
naaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh duude my trx90 smokes all.

wheres beerookie, he'll tell ya about a quad he wish he had....;)

oh man!!! whacha got on that thing, naazz or a blower?

beerookie aint got nothun on us, his 420 SuperSorry EX is slooow I tell ya he goes faster in REVERSE....

96300ex
11-12-2002, 08:54 AM
My TRX 90 devestates all.... Direct port nitrous injection, twin turbocharged, 8" extended swingarm and a four foot tall fiberglass wing with a big NOS sticker lol:D

11-12-2002, 10:05 AM
I don't know if my buddy Big D (Derek) is on here....but...I'd bet on his R (done by K & T) for R's.

Fastest period....Crankenstein!

Go check out K & T Performance (http://www.ktperformance.com/main.htm) and you tell me. Check out thier vids section too. Those guys usually OWN Glamis!

ChadEXer
11-12-2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Alky472

Yep, he sure spanks the pants off me at the strip! (That doesnt mean what it sounds like you dirty minded baboon!):p

But in reality, I would put my money on my R for the fastest single cylinder bike in this forum. Either my R or one of the custom sand drag R's that sandtrix builds. I said single cylinder because EXRacer8601 will have the fastest drag bike, hands down.
I dont know about that Alky!!!,,,my friend\mechanic doesnt come on these forums but he definately has the fastest R on the planet and Im here to show pics and take up for him so it counts;) Sandtrix will even tell you so, they have ran quite a few times!! Sandtrix had a 350R on alky in a trike frame that was taking all that weekend but his quads werent as fast!!! Here is a pic of the R,,My pics suck of course and his bike was real dirty(it rained at Little Sahara)but it is very trick,,,everything on it is chromed!!!

Other than that I would be willing to take any of you on my little girls E-Ton Little Rascal 40:D

brokeitin3
11-12-2002, 10:57 AM
Is he loaded or what? He must work away from home a lot. (in Columbia):D

Extremeracer167
11-12-2002, 11:20 AM
man that crankenstein is absolutely NUTS!!! Ive never seen anything like that, i was in aww just watching that video clip!!

11-12-2002, 02:37 PM
Yeah Buddy....K & T Performance (makers of Crankenstein) are the top Drag Tuners at Glamis. There work rules man. The rest are merely toys when compared to thier stuff. They also have the fastest stock cylindered R in the world.

Like I said...I'd bet on Big D's (Derek's) R against the other R's on here...including yours Alky.

Chef
11-12-2002, 06:24 PM
My R runs on gas and is only a 425 PV....so it probably wont compete with the alcohol guys who have been doing to drag race stuff forever. Its a TT quad, and thats not a recent pic...lol What are those drag guys getting for horsepower, anyway?

11-12-2002, 06:39 PM
A 100....is possible on a stock cylindered R.

I'd like yours myself....as I don't live to drag nor do I live near the dunes. My R'll be making 60-65 HP....yours makes how much?

ryanh250ex
11-12-2002, 07:04 PM
MY 250EX BEATS ALL!!!!!

j/k, you guys got some sweet bikes.

hardcoreclown33
11-12-2002, 07:46 PM
i dont care how fast ur r's are because a modified crf450f will smoke anything ive seen them in actiion and r's dont compete

AndrewRRR
11-12-2002, 07:48 PM
My R is pretty fast, and after this winter should be faster (It's going to K&T for some more porting and being put on an alky diet).
As for top speed, Casper (my LT/ninja hybrid) will do WELLLL over 100mph in 6th, probably in the 120 range. I haven't had a smooth enough place to wind it all the way out yet.

phatswinn
11-12-2002, 08:18 PM
mine definently isnt the fastest does that count?

Bean
11-12-2002, 08:21 PM
we alll know that my breeze will smoke all ur pathetic 250r's, ddddduuuuuuuuh

buckNbanshee
11-12-2002, 08:59 PM
Shoot my raptor 80 can beat anything here and out wheelie everything here

11-12-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by AndrewRRR
My R is pretty fast, and after this winter should be faster (It's going to K&T for some more porting and being put on an alky diet).
As for top speed, Casper (my LT/ninja hybrid) will do WELLLL over 100mph in 6th, probably in the 120 range. I haven't had a smooth enough place to wind it all the way out yet.

Cool man....mine is going to K and T this week. Kim there is a really nice guy to work with. So you know what K and T machine does. :macho

Chef
11-12-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Bottomline

I'd like yours myself....as I don't live to drag nor do I live near the dunes. My R'll be making 60-65 HP....yours makes how much?

It should be in the 75-80 range when we get it all together with the PSI stuff. Hopefully it stays together...

MX26
11-12-2002, 09:43 PM
A drag ported Polonda will push well over 100HP. K&T makes some wicked fast bikes. If I hear the name MacDizzy on this post, I will go crazy.

11-12-2002, 09:56 PM
well with me on it i say i can take all of you out and that aint no joke

ESR250R
11-12-2002, 09:57 PM
macdizzy

Phast
11-12-2002, 10:32 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haha:blah :blah :blah

JAM76
11-12-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Bottomline
Yeah Buddy....K & T Performance (makers of Crankenstein) are the top Drag Tuners at Glamis. There work rules man. The rest are merely toys when compared to thier stuff. They also have the fastest stock cylindered R in the world.

Like I said...I'd bet on Big D's (Derek's) R against the other R's on here...including yours Alky.

K & T Performance is from Roy Utah. but you are right us Utah boys do have the fastest hillshooting quads hands down. No one compares to Utah Drag bike builders builders.

airheadedduner
11-13-2002, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Phast
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haha:blah :blah :blah

Is that an H2 750???

I was at DTR when Matt was dynoing his Polonda. He was getting over 70hp with major ignition problems. Mac Racing makes a R with a CR 500 top end, it is 97 hp on race gas. One of the fastest Rs on the planet has to be the Packered Enterprises R with a pilot top end. 521cc 121 hp:devil

Of corse none those machines compares to my mad monster craftsmen lawn mower:macho

MX26
11-13-2002, 08:22 AM
macdizzy

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!! :grr :grr :grr :huh :eek: :devil

You will pay for that one. :D

Matt's Polonda is an MX ported motor, and it was hitting 70? WIth a drag port, like I stated before, a drag 400 would hit well over 100. But with over 100hp, you're pushing your reliability factor.

K&T makes some scary fast bikes, so does MP, Mac Racing, Etc. I believe that these smaller drag shops are putting out more HP than any big name builder.(ie: CT, Sparks, etc)

Unfortunately, Dan Hull STILL has the fastest quad to this date. 133HP, 132mph, 89mph up Olds.

11-13-2002, 09:10 AM
Thats awesome man...

Here is a link to Crankenstein doing it at 86

Click Here (http://www.ktperformance.com/Video/K&T750cc.wmv)

z400ex
11-13-2002, 11:29 AM
that video is sweet....anyone know of any good websites that have videos like that????

wilkin250r
11-13-2002, 12:41 PM
I'm tellin' you, I got a pogo stick with nitrous, and all **** breaks loose when I put my sand paddles on and let 'er rip.....:huh

2 QuicK
11-13-2002, 02:57 PM
The reason why some of these smaller shops are makin quads with more horse is because all the big name shops have more of a name to protect. If they build a 10,000hp motor and it blows up on some dude after the 2nd day he's had it, he gonna start sayin stuff. Then they get a bad reputation.

AndrewRRR
11-13-2002, 06:49 PM
Thats true. You can make a motor that makes insane amounts of HP but is very unreliable or has an almost unridable powerband (expecially when you start fooling with port height and shape on 2 strokes). You could probably build a 90hp 250r with the stock jug but it would be a hand grenade!

I considered a Polonda, but was steered away from it by people who have used them. I've heard praise and insults about Polondas. I knew the early ones tended to break connecting rods :p

I know PSI has some impressive HP numbers, but a few riders have dropped them as sponsors mid season due to the fact they get too many DNFs with their motors. I haven't run any PSI's myself so don't take that as gospel, just what I've heard.

Most of the dedicated drag bikes push tons of HP and are set up to run 300' at a time, no more. ****, the Packard bikes use outboard starters like race karts since their compression is so high. It's all what you want to do. I'm at the point now where I have to decide if I want to make my R into a dedicated drag bike or keep it as an all-around machine.:confused:

11-13-2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by 2 QuicK
The reason why some of these smaller shops are makin quads with more horse is because all the big name shops have more of a name to protect. If they build a 10,000hp motor and it blows up on some dude after the 2nd day he's had it, he gonna start sayin stuff. Then they get a bad reputation.

The big companies leave pleanty of room for improvement...all they care about is MASS PRODUCTION and MORE SALES. The better smaller shops rely on repeat customers. They do quality work. Take K & T for example....thier quality is top notch from what I hear. So that's why I am gonna have them do the work on my R. I just hope I get the power I am expecting (60HP).

My mods will include:
K & T Performance Porting (mid-top)
K & T Performance Milled Head.
K & T Performance Bore (including piston and rings)
K & T Performance Trued and welded crank if needed
K & T Performance Polishing Job on head and cylinder
ESR 40.5 Carb
ESR TRX5 Centermount Exaust
K & N Filter with Outerwear
Lid removed with Outerwear cover.

With those mods alone...I am told to expect around 60 HP. I sure hope so....we'll see. A lot of people are skeptical of my expectations.

LilGuyOn400ex
11-13-2002, 08:24 PM
my quad will beat anyones in the world... its a zuki quadmaster lt 50 that has 5 turbo chargers and runs off straight nos.... no gas or alchohol straight nos... it has 1200 horse power, it has so much torque it will make the sand start smokin... thats if i can keep the paddles from rippin off to keep the front end on the ground i use a 15 foor wheelie bar! beat that

Chef
11-13-2002, 08:36 PM
The best thing about my motor is, all I'm getting from PSI is the cylinder, head, piston, powervalve assembly, and possibly a radiator. Other than that, it will all be put together by the guy who built my EX and with hinson and baldwin tranny parts...Anything to make it more reliable will be there....

1-800-eat-sand
11-17-2002, 08:22 PM
how bout a little bump

1-800-eat-sand
11-18-2002, 10:17 PM
well this topic got a lotta reviews and a little more bs than i liked
but it was still fun but leaves the question still unanswered or maybe not? we've got the fastest of a few models but what is king? i'd like to hear a little about someones 505. i sure he knows who he is and so does everyone else. he replied to this post about someone elses bike which surprised me very much. so is the 505 king of the hondas or is there something faster??? bump

11-18-2002, 10:30 PM
i have the fastest quad in the works, uses a honda civic b16a1 with a turbo and a 350hp shot of nos and it barely pulls away from a school bus, stupid ricers.

actually i have a 250r with a honda cbr 600f3 engine in it, and some 400ex plastics on it, revs up to 14.5k its awesome, runs 10s

Bean
11-18-2002, 11:07 PM
actually, there was a Zilla on Ebay a while back that would give your streetbike motors fits, it was jet powered, LMAO, good luck beating a grounded jet motor

joeroadking
11-19-2002, 08:08 AM
I saw that thing on ebayit was insane!! definatly the fastest Quad hands down, talk about a bomb man that thing was scary to even look at.

ChadEXer
11-19-2002, 08:30 AM
Well im kind of going astray of the mine is faster than yours stuff because people were starting to get upset!! As for the 4 strokes on this forum I would be willing to bet that mine is probably got a real good chance,,,but there are turbo Raptors and nut heads with insane bikes out in the real world,,,there is always someone faster than you!!!! Well Ive just decided to start on me a Banshee!! it will probably be getting a 580 stroker motor on alcohol!! Just cant wait to get the ball rolling on it!!!

ChadEXer
11-19-2002, 08:33 AM
By the way, who is the absolute best engine builder when it comes to Banshees??? Is it K & T Performance???? Or who??
Thanks

SULTANOFSAND
11-19-2002, 12:29 PM
By the way, who is the absolute best engine builder when it comes to Banshees??? Is it K & T Performance???? Or who??

PORT MAGIC OR K&T

JAM76
11-19-2002, 04:25 PM
I have had both a Port magic racing (Rudy Kurtz) 370 Banshee and a K&T Performance (Muchmore) 350 and the K&T 350 was considerably faster then the 370 PORT Magic bike Both engine where set up as hillshooters. Both build very high qulaity engines, but if you go with a PMR engine in your bike and you happen to run into a K&T powered bike good luck.

11-19-2002, 04:32 PM
hey chad i was lookingin a magazine and it had an ad for a 700+ cc banshee, that would definetley kill the 580 your talking about

ChadEXer
11-19-2002, 04:54 PM
a 700cc Banshee might be faster but if hes running that on just twin Banshee cylinders then he will be lucky to make it all the way down the strip!!! thats well beyond reliability!!! Twister's crazy triple cylinder banshee is only 675cc with 3 cylinders!!! Their other triple cylinder is only 520cc's!!!

11-19-2002, 06:54 PM
thats what i was thinking when i saw it. and if you want a fast quad contact socal speed shop and ask about their quads with street bike engines in them

11-19-2002, 07:09 PM
My shee is gonna be pretty quick, right now its a 750cc triple shee, but i might have to up the CC's, compresion ,etc.......

11-19-2002, 07:12 PM

hehe well you know it will be pretty quick :rolleyes:

Chef
11-20-2002, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by ChadEXer
Well im kind of going astray of the mine is faster than yours stuff because people were starting to get upset!! As for the 4 strokes on this forum I would be willing to bet that mine is probably got a real good chance,,,but there are turbo Raptors and nut heads with insane bikes out in the real world,,,there is always someone faster than you!!!! Well Ive just decided to start on me a Banshee!! it will probably be getting a 580 stroker motor on alcohol!! Just cant wait to get the ball rolling on it!!!

I wish I still had my stroker during the trash talking threads like this one...LOL That 6mm stroke and 14:1 compression on alcohol was a whole lot of fun...:macho :p

11-20-2002, 06:34 AM

I wish I still had my stroker during the trash talking threads like this one...LOL That 6mm stroke and 14:1 compression on alcohol was a whole lot of fun...:macho :p

timebomb lmfao

ChadEXer
11-20-2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by EXracer8601

timebomb lmfao 14:1 is definatley a time bomb!! All the engine builders are now agreeing that 12.5:1 is the highest you should go in a big bore!! Thats why Sparks bikes were having so many problems! Sparks said he is now going to drop his compression to a 12.5:1 in all his bikes!!

11-21-2002, 04:20 PM
14:1 is definatley a time bomb!! All the engine builders are now agreeing that 12.5:1 is the highest you should go in a big bore!! Thats why Sparks bikes were having so many problems! Sparks said he is now going to drop his compression to a 12.5:1 in all his bikes!!

they had a couple sparks bikes at hte dunes last time i went, they were running alky with 13:5.1 compression :eek: they were fast :eek:

ChadEXer
11-21-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by EXracer8601

they had a couple sparks bikes at hte dunes last time i went, they were running alky with 13:5.1 compression :eek: they were fast :eek:
Sparks used to run 15:1 in all his bikes!! He told me he was going to stay at 12.5:1!!!

11-21-2002, 05:15 PM

Sparks used to run 15:1 in all his bikes!! He told me he was going to stay at 12.5:1!!!

15:1....omg thats crazy :eek: i bet they had gobs of torgue tho :D

Bean
11-21-2002, 06:36 PM
imagine the juice a battery would need to turn 15:1 over, it would need a hummer battery

MichaelS693
11-21-2002, 07:24 PM
i would bet my money on this quad bein the one to beat just about any bike on this site

sweet300ex
11-21-2002, 07:42 PM
i have a sweet wheelbarrow with direct port nitrous injection with a suzuki hayabusa 1300cc engine bored and stroked insanekly to a 1500cc and it runs on 100% alky that babe has so much torque that the chassi bends off the line

i have to start of the line in 8th gear to save insane mind blowing wheelies and tire spinnage for atleast 20 secs

i also have a nice sweeper
dont get me started on that one it can smoke my wheelbarrow

2fastandfurious
11-21-2002, 08:55 PM
thebansheekid.com

Thats where that video came from. Sweet video. I have over 600 atv video clips that i have collected over the years. I am selling them on 2 CD-R's for 10 bucks shipped. Spent alot of time cleaning them up. There all good atv, dirt bike, and street racing, burn out, endo, clips.
-Ben

ChadEXer
11-22-2002, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Bean
imagine the juice a battery would need to turn 15:1 over, it would need a hummer battery
Actually they are very easy to start!! Sparks does the same thing TC does, he puts a decompression something another on the cam that knocks the compression in half when you hit the starter until its started!! The good thing about it is it fires up just like a stock bike,,,the bad thing is that you cant do a compression check for troubleshooting because it will only read about half of what your true compression is!!! When I put my TC motor in I expected it to be hard to start, but I tapped the button 1 time and it fired right up!!!

SlapNutz
11-22-2002, 09:25 AM
who made that motor, my shee :macho cant loos to it

exriderdude
11-22-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by 1-800-eat-sand

who has the fastest quad???

you wanna know the answer... NOBODY !!!!!!

just like chadexer said, there is always someone faster;)