PDA

View Full Version : Nitro R/C Cars

Exrider434
12-31-2007, 09:59 AM
Anyone out there drive them? I got some questions if anyone can help me out, i just bought one that sat for a while and wondered what would be best to do before even trying to get it running? and like what should i use to clean it up like cleaning the air filter, carb etc.? Oh and its a traxxas Nitro Rustler if that will help any.:macho

thanks in advance

wishmasstir
12-31-2007, 10:21 AM
I run em ...

I'm guessing you bought it used, tear it down to the main parts. chassis, front end, rear end, electrical, engine components. you can clean everything but the electrical with water and a toothbrush. You can buy nitro blast to clean it all if you want also. The motor can be cleaned with nitro fuel and the air filter also, they make an oil for the filter though but the fuel will work. Take the 4 bolts out of the head, 4 bolts out of the pullstarter or electric start if yours has that, take off the clutch bell/clutch shoes and you have to hold the flywheel to take off the clutch/crankshaft nut. the flywheel will then fall off and you can pull the sleeve right up out of the block, pop the rod off the crank and you can slide the crank out also. if the bearings are shot replace them, you can even put a new piston/sleeve in the motor for about $30 or so. If the bearings all over the truck are shot replace them also, it will help it track straight.

Have fun bashing it and if you want to actually run a nitro truck you must tune it with a temp guage so buy a good one, i have ofna #10154 http://www.ofna.com/acc-tempgun.html. make sure you use good batteries also in both the truck and receiver, duracell ultras have the best punch. rechargables dont have as much power and dont last as long

250x_kyle
12-31-2007, 10:22 AM
my brothers realy into rc trucks. has mainly traxxis trucks. let me know and i can probably help you out if not i can ask him. he sold his nitro rustler because his battery powered one was just as fast but its decked out. hes built probably 15 trucks from scratch and has 6 custom rock crawlers 2 t maxxs one decked out emaxx 1 decked otu rustler, and one hpi drift car

416exfreak
12-31-2007, 10:47 AM
If anyone is interested, I have a Traxxas Tmaxx with the 2.5 racing engine for sale.

Still in good condition. I also have a half gallon of fuel, extra glow plugs, alot of tool to go with it, the squirt bottle for the fuel...some other stuff.

If anyone is interested, then PM me and I'll shoot you some pics.

400exrider99
12-31-2007, 11:25 PM
i have a traxxas revo with a OS .18tm in it. i still need to finish breaking in the motor but it has been to cold to break it in.

glamiskid395
01-01-2008, 12:16 AM
before you start that engine, take the engine aapart and see if there is rust on the crank. if there is rust on the crank, use a dremel with polishing wheel and polish out the rust, first spray with WD-40 to loosen it a little.
to clean the filter, use nitro fuel if you got money to throw away or just use soapy water. to oil it, use any type of foam filter oil.

F-16Guy
01-01-2008, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Exrider434
Anyone out there drive them? I got some questions if anyone can help me out, i just bought one that sat for a while and wondered what would be best to do before even trying to get it running? and like what should i use to clean it up like cleaning the air filter, carb etc.? Oh and its a traxxas Nitro Rustler if that will help any.:macho

thanks in advance
My advice would be to take out the Traxxas engine (I hate to even call it that), and replace it with a new O.S. CV-R(X) .18 engine. Traxxas engines are notorious for being nearly impossible to tune and keep running, especially the TRX 2.5. It can make the hobby very frustrating and anything but fun. The O.S. mill, on the other hand, is cheap, extremely reliable, and once it's broken in and tuned, you won't have to touch the needles again. You can run tank after tank with no flame outs. I have the O.S. .18 in my T-Maxx 2.5 and it rips pretty good, considering how heavy it is. In a rustler, you'd have a hard time keeping the front wheels on the ground.

Which 450?
01-01-2008, 12:44 PM
What ive noticed about this field, is everyone things they know what theyre talking about, but almost no one does.

zack221
01-01-2008, 01:35 PM
radiocontrolzone.com is a good site for rc cars and people on there know what they are talking about.

zack221
01-01-2008, 01:35 PM
radiocontrolzone.com is a good site for rc cars and people on there know what they are talking about.