12-30-2007, 09:04 PM
ok here's what i wanna do

416 kit with a stage 1 hot cam 11:1
450r carb
HD studs
XR400 head gasket
CRF 450 timing chain
valve seals

who does decent porting ??? should i even bother????
should i get the 12:1 piston???? can you run pump gas on12:1 ????
will the stage 1 hot cam be good enough or buy a stage 2???

sorry but i'm sick of looking through a million posts to find the answer to my questions...... piss off search NAZI's

Thanks
-Dave

12-30-2007, 09:07 PM
haha I'm pretty sure 11:1 is the highest you can go on pump gas 93 octane. Port and polish will really wake up your motor if you have that stuff done.

zrpilot
12-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by cincy250R
piss off search NAZI's

GROW UP!

Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
11:1 is the highest you can go on pump gas 93 octane

Have you EVER done any thing to your motor that makes the foundation for this comment?

11:1 and 93 octane pump gas being ok is not that simple!

12-31-2007, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by zrpilot
GROW UP!

Have you EVER done any thing to your motor that makes the foundation for this comment?

11:1 and 93 octane pump gas being ok is not that simple!

i love how you cut out the part in my quote "i'm pretty sure" I didnt say for sure its just everyone says if you go highr that 11:1 you should mix pump and race gas otherwise it will knock. I know there are many factors and such but I never said that at a sure statemnt thats why i said i'm pretty sure not a i'm sure.

honda300EXtreme
12-31-2007, 12:56 AM
there are many companys out there who do a good job with port&polish work

gt thunder, four stroke tech, curtis sparks, c&d racing, Tc racing
just to name a few, prices vary with each company and how durastic you want to go with the port&flow work,,

with your particular set-up i think it would be worth it,,,

to be safe i would stick with an 11:1 piston to prevent detonation
you could go with 12:1 but thats when it gets iffy,,, it you want to bump up your compression slightly you can remove a layer or two off of the head gastket and or not use a base gasket,, thats entirely your call,,

with the cam,, it depends on where you what the power to hit the most,, a stage one is a good bottom end cam,, ideal for woods and trail riding,, the stage 2 is more bottom -mid,, this is also a very good cam for low end grunt,,

but like i said it depends on your riding style and the type of riding you do,,

JOEX
12-31-2007, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by cincy250R
piss off search NAZI's
Reply intentionally left blank:o

flauge
12-31-2007, 09:00 PM
From what I hear 11.1 is borderline for pump gas and you might still get deto depending on what cam you use and where you live. Humidity, temp, and elevation is a factor also.;)