PDA

View Full Version : Cannondale moto 440

400exRacerX
11-02-2001, 09:27 PM
Hey,
I was just wondering if anyone else has seen the new cannondales in the latest issue of ATVsport mag? That new moto 440 looks sick, I meen it comes with +2 a arms, a +4 adjustable axle, ohlins zps shocks with rezzies, itp mx holeshots, itp beadlock rims, magura hydrualic clutch, tag handlebars, nerf bars, tether kill switch, and a fmf silencer.
Thats a lot of stuff for a stock quad, I dont exactly know if i would trsut this new atv yet, but that gp fuel control system looks pretty sweet....what are your thoughts on this new atv besides its retail for $12,450.00 OUCH!!

stevengates45
11-02-2001, 09:34 PM
Well I saw a Cannondale bike, but not sure what CC it is. It was one of those Cannibles. It look aight, but didnt sound too good?
sounded funny

400exRacerX
11-02-2001, 09:36 PM
They say that sound is there valve train and it is a normal sound and they hope that costomers come immune to this sound because it is supposely normal??:huh

86atc250r
11-02-2001, 09:45 PM
That noise is the gear driven camshafts. Apparently they're using straight cut gears which are strong, but do make some noise.

It's a pretty cool sound if you know what it is.......

stocktires
11-02-2001, 11:19 PM
yea, the sounds is kinda kewl after a while, there a 432cc, and the 12k price is cheap! im serious! and the stuff you listed isnt half the stuff the moto440 has! im gettin a cannibal in 2003 and i want axis and walsh stuff so i wana start with a cannibal a end up around a 14k quad

11-03-2001, 12:24 AM
I rode a Cannondale when I was in Florence this past summer. The power deliver is pretty cool, but when we lined up on comp hill I beat him by two quad lengths with my EX. In my opinion I think it is more fun to build a Quad then buy a race ready one out of the box. It makes it so every Quad is unique in some way.

Nausty
11-03-2001, 11:30 AM
I think the moto44 is a sweet quad for the money considering how much it costs us to add all our parts to our quads. You can spend 1,200 on shocks, 800 on a- arms, 330 on axle, 2000 on all the little things like nerfs and expensive bars, tires, ect. Then you are getting bead locks, motor mods, fmf silencer, ALUMINUM FRAME, I almost think its worth it if you want a race ready quad out of the box. It seems like the bike the pros would want to use without having to build a new bike everytime they get into a bad crash or have to pay somone else to do it and pay more because you are buying each part separate.

Sleeping Catfish
11-03-2001, 09:08 PM
Just shut up, your 426ex will never touch a Cannondale. The 440ex outpulls it in the midrange, but at the top end the Cannondale wins. To beat it all around you need a 465ex.

stocktires
11-03-2001, 09:16 PM
I agree with ya catfish, the C-dale's are FAST! The 465 would beat it by a hair. C-dale is the new "king of the hill"

Nausty
11-03-2001, 11:01 PM
I still havn't driven one but from what I hear they have way to much power, I had download a video of a guy coming out of a berm and is all I can say is he must of had a twist throttle because he rolled it by giving it to much gas out of a turn. It was pretty bada** watching that video of him coming out of that berm.

stocktires
11-03-2001, 11:23 PM
where's the video? i rode an fx and the steering was kinda weird but that was the old steering. It was SOOOOOO FAST and the throttle response was a little better than my R! the thing can fricken rev! The thing is BADA** in any type of race! you see alot of guys running almost stock FX's and finishing 3rd, 4th, and 5th! thats gota tell ya somethin! hey nausty do ya realixe we're talking to each other about the same thing on 2 forums??? lol but anyway wat site is the video on?

Nausty
11-03-2001, 11:31 PM
I don't remember it was some dirt bike site with a ton of videos that somone had linked from the open forum. I would love to test drive a cannondale but I'm not over 16 and i'm not in the AMA.

stocktires
11-03-2001, 11:34 PM
yea, i know, im 14, a guy locally wit ha fx400 let me test ride it, im in luv with em! was it a dirt bike or quad on the video?

Nausty
11-03-2001, 11:48 PM
it was a quad

11-04-2001, 01:17 AM
Sleeping Fish head,

I don't know what crack you are on but why would I lie about the drag race. Just call up the Florence Oregon, Polaris/Cannondale dealer the owner was the one I raced. It was a HMF piped Cannondale. We bought my dad's 400 sport from him, he'll remember me. He will tell you the truth. We raced up the comp hill at south jetty. It wasn't an all out full throttle 5th gear race, it was up the steep hill. With my gearing I am able to pull 4th up it where the the Cannondale was only in third. I rode the Cannondale for about an hour, I never said it was slow, I know it would beat mine in a top speed drag race but up the hill it couldn't! Mine is strickly geared for the hills. Top speed of maybe 40mph.

The only Quads that day that beat me were motor built banshees. I have a lot of the drag races on film, but we ran out of film before I raced the Cannondale.

But I have nothing to prove because it sounds like you were there that day!:mad:

Tommy 17
11-04-2001, 11:00 AM
i rode the speed, cannibal, and the old fx 400 and they are awesome. the power does wait to come on like on a carb quad whne u hit the gas i mean it goes. the suspension is great on them too it seemed way better then the 400exs on a track. it was a comfortable quad to ride too. the power was just awesome. it seemed to be built well. i would love to trade in on one but i like my 400ex too. i think a 440 would beat it.

Sleeping Catfish
11-04-2001, 11:22 AM
I used to be crazy about the Cannondales but I am worried about the aluminum frame. I ride in tight woods where there are going to be a few wrecks, and that would crack the aluminum. I think the best woods bike is a Raptor with some aftermarket shocks and a few other little things, but don't reply to that.

Sleeping Catfish
11-04-2001, 11:25 AM
Sorry about the double post. Why would you lie about a drag race, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm????? I'm not going to go there, but I never heard your ex was geared for the hill. If you had the same gearing as the Cdale he would kill you. :devil

11-04-2001, 04:54 PM
You are probably right about that, but we didn't have the same gearing so I won! I am probably selling my EX to get a Cannondale Speed.:macho