PDA

View Full Version : good way to get the word out about

WhiteYFZ
12-30-2007, 06:44 PM
i want to start my own little business fixing computers.. re formatting, setting up printers, wireless, etc.. i recently set up a 5 computer small office and it went great so im going to try to get the word out there. and good ideas? i printed out some fliers and put them on ppls railings.. i gotta hang some up in shopping plaza's any ideas?

thanks
espo

416exfreak
12-30-2007, 07:28 PM
Make a website?

I can help with that if you cant do it.;)

tar
12-30-2007, 07:41 PM
you're doing all this and your only 15:eek2: props to you

WhiteYFZ
12-30-2007, 07:44 PM
thanks 416, ill let you know. im going to put a add in the paper and see how it goes. and tomorrow ill print out more and go up and down more blocks. i went to 35 houses tonight in the rain. hopefully its nicer out tomorrow

TWISTED DINLI
12-30-2007, 09:06 PM
sounds good man. good luck! your only 15 and your doing this?:eek2: dang

416exfreak
12-31-2007, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by WhiteYFZ
thanks 416, ill let you know. im going to put a add in the paper and see how it goes. and tomorrow ill print out more and go up and down more blocks. i went to 35 houses tonight in the rain. hopefully its nicer out tomorrow

Alrighty. I can't beleive you went out in the rain to pass out flyer and such. You must be really excited about this business man.

I would have stayed home and done it in the morning.:p

Good luck, and let me know if you need any help.

WhiteYFZ
12-31-2007, 11:12 AM
well i wanted them to see it when they go get their mail. im going to probably put a couple in my friends deli also.

<DRS>GPF
12-31-2007, 12:30 PM
hmm... good luck. its a tough sell fixing used PC's as reselling them.

not everyone understands that just about 100$ of the cost, is just software(operating system).. then you have time and materials..
before too long, you need to charge as much as the big guys, for used parts and little more than your word on a wty.
then there's the "as is" that sometimes becomes "lifetime"..

then you have all your friends and family wanting "freebies" to fix their problems.
someone will call and "need you over there right now", cause they tried this new online thing that said "their computer is too slow"..
or after a week, "it didnt start and run as fast anymore.. so i tried deleting things to make space.."

the good ones are when the PC has been screwed up for a yr. before they bring it to you, then call you almost every night after to see what youve found and even get mad about having to spend money on it.

again, good luck.
post your flyer at laundries, groceries, hair salons etc..
its the housewife youll be "connecting" with in most cases, the more they see your name, the more theyll think of you.
fix a couple for some beauty parlor queens and the word will spread like wildfire.

416exfreak
12-31-2007, 12:33 PM
DRS is a genious...:eek2:

12-31-2007, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
DRS is a genious...:eek2:

what drs says is the reality of this...other issues to think about:
what if you find something that you cannot fix, now you have spent a lot of time on that issue, possibly without compensation.

there will be things beyond your limited ability that you will have to say no to and if that happens too often, then the reputation of the business is hurt.

i think it is great you are trying this, but reality is what it is and sometimes it is unpleasant....