PDA

View Full Version : STOCK 450R shock Settings. Post yours

440challenger
12-30-2007, 04:45 PM
I run 450r shocks all around on my 400/450 hybrid.
They are BONE stock with all the preload taken out of the fronts.
These been getting me by for over a year,but i still dont have the money to dump for new shocks or to send these out(so please no send to gt thunder or buy aftermarket comments ).

So im wondering what worked or is working the best for you guys in the same boat i am.

The back end is kicking me real hard and the rear end of the quad likes to swap a alot. The fronts, are wayyy stiff.

Any help would be appreciated. :D

440challenger
01-02-2008, 06:23 AM
no one?

quadwanter
01-02-2008, 02:53 PM
i guess your using the 450r link? If so thats whats causing the kick, get a new link is the only thing you can do to really eliminate this.

The stock shocks are an improvement over the 400's shocks but they are still stock shocks you have to keep in mind, they arnt going to be that great.

Duno what else i can say, before i got the revalves i tried and tried to get them more plush but i was just wasting my time.

bloodmoney23
01-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by quadwanter
i guess your using the 450r link? If so thats whats causing the kick, get a new link is the only thing you can do to really eliminate this.

The stock shocks are an improvement over the 400's shocks but they are still stock shocks you have to keep in mind, they arnt going to be that great.

Duno what else i can say, before i got the revalves i tried and tried to get them more plush but i was just wasting my time.

Very true.....its not your shocks kicking you out, the stocks are actually pretty decent shocks man. It is the ratio in the linkage/swingarm that causes the kicking/bucking. What happens is that you hit max travel before your shock even bottoms out. I know you dont want to hear it but if you want it to stop doing it and get a better ride you have to get at minimum an aftermarket linkage to compensate the ratios.

440challenger
01-02-2008, 04:28 PM
yea i thought about that. Im running a 450r rear shock with the 400 linkage.....the shock is a little shorter then the 400 shock which helped a ton with ride height.

bloodmoney23
01-02-2008, 05:41 PM
well i can say that the 450r linkage may not help or even make it worse but i got my 05 stock linkage id sell ya for $20.00 + whatever shipping is. All it would need are new pivot tubes which should pull out of the linkage you have. the bearings in it are fine. If you wanna try that go ahead but your best best is going with a DC6 or Elka linkage.