PDA

View Full Version : Tether kill switch..which one

low10s
12-30-2007, 04:45 PM
got to get one so can start racing....did a search but was not what i was looking for. just need which ones are good and easy to install. thanks.

#17YFZRACER
12-30-2007, 06:21 PM
they all work, i have a pro armor. it came with an "install kit" which was some wires and instructions (they sucked). the kill switch has two wires running out of it. pick one (doesn't matter) then ground it to your frame somewhere. i put it on my right light mount. the other wire needs to be connected to the wire in the install kit. then you take your front plastic off. find the wiring harness strapped to the frame. it will be on the left side (if you were sitting on it). there will be a black coupler in the harness with 1 red and 1 white wire running through it. unhook it then put the other wire in and your good to go. it only took me about 30min. :bandit:

low10s
12-30-2007, 07:51 PM
i looked at that one on their websight. thanks

cosinostra
01-02-2008, 07:51 PM
I bought one of the pro design switches yesterday and after thinking about how it works, took it back today... I ordered the Gunnar normally closed switch which installs inline with the factory kill switch.

The pro design switch places a direct fault on your system when it operates. It would only make sense that you will have electrical problems eventually, especially if you use it in place of your factory kill switch.

If you place a ground on an energized circuit you will 1.) blow a fuse 2.) damage equipment.

I figured if I was ever in a situation where the kill switch was used for it's intended purpose, I did not want to spend time troubleshooting my electrical while I was injured.

That's just me talking of course..........

James_yfz17
01-02-2008, 08:50 PM
pingle is the only way to go, they cost a little more than other kill switches, but save your bike in the long run.