PDA

View Full Version : Hiper Wheels

ohsobad_chevy
12-30-2007, 04:37 PM
I am thinking about getting a set of Hipers. Those with hipers, do you like them or what don't you like about them.
As I understand, they have the CF1 and the Tech3's, correct? Non beadlock, single and dual beadlock. What is the differences between the tech3's and CF1's? Thanks in advance. :)

tar
12-30-2007, 07:13 PM
Tech 3's have the aluminum center where as the CF 1's are all crabon fiber and recomended for recreation riding.

Ty's400
12-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by tar
Tech 3's have the aluminum center where as the CF 1's are all crabon fiber and recomended for recreation riding.

Like stated Tech 3s are more for racing. I would recommend the non beadlock fronts and single beadlock rear for mx. They are a nice setup.

f4istunna
12-30-2007, 08:03 PM
I have the tech 3's all around. Just got rears duals, this year have had front singles for a few years now. Ive been banging them off trees, rocks, rollovers etc and they are still in great shape other than few dings in the rings. Im buying them for all my bikes for sure. Well worth it.

I was replacing aluminum rims a few times a year on average. these paid themselves off in one year.

ohsobad_chevy
12-31-2007, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Ty's400
Like stated Tech 3s are more for racing. I would recommend the non beadlock fronts and single beadlock rear for mx. They are a nice setup.

I don't race MX, mostly XC and dunes, but why do you say not to get beadlocks on the front? Just curious.

Are they Tech3's much tougher, since they are not all carbon fiber?

Ty's400
12-31-2007, 08:28 AM
I'm not saying not to get the beadlock fronts. For mx they aren't as necessary, so it can save you some extra cash by just running the non beadlock fronts. And I also meant they work great. The center peice is stronger on the Tech 3s since it isn't a composite like the rest of the wheel, yes.